• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Curious about this part...

Today my son found this part under the passenger seat:

conector.jpg

I looked under the glove box and saw this:

Under Dash.jpg

I'm no genius, but I figured that blue end of the part my son found plugged into the blue part hanging down under the dash. I pluged it in and started the car. The car started but idled so low that it stalled. I started it again and it kept running but at a very low idle and the check engine light came on. I immediately shut off the car and unplugged the part. I restarted the car and it ran just fine. Drove it around the block and it ran just fine.

Can someone tell me what this part is and what it does?

Any idea why my car acts just fine without it plugged in?

Could it just have been a coincidence that my car idled lower when it was plugged in?

Should I plug it back in and run the car longer to see if it still has the problem? I shut it off quickly because I did not want to cause any damage.

I appreciate your help.

Hi,

you connected it to the right plug, but it's meant to check errors .... the blink rate of the check engine light gives you the code of the error.

it isn't meant to be used with the engine running ... don't know the effects if you do.

Nuno

Yup. What ^^ he said. Thats how obd1 check engine light code is check. You count the blink(s). Short and long for different code. I think long pause mean 10, short pause for 1.. someone correct me.

I would keep it in your glove box. In case later on you need it. If your nsx had shown a cel for the O2, then your mech mustve left it there and forgot. He used it go read the code to confirm the O2 needed replacing. When i had to read the cel code, i had to use paper clip. I mucb prefer the connector plug like yours..

if funny you find something and plug it in and car blows up LOL

its kinda like the big red button they tell you not to push but for some reason you have to push it LOL

- - - Updated - - -

+1 Agree free tool. easy to make if you have the pigtails

Back