• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

custom exhaust

My brother and I had a custom exhaust made with flowmaster 40 series mufflers and comptech exhaust today. It took a little while to make, but we have a good pipe bender at our muffler shop. I was a little worried about how it would sound, but we started it up, and I think I would trade a night in bed in pamela anderson to drive that car. I am going to do mine soon. I was wondering if anyone else had made anything similar.

smokey212 said:
I would trade a night in bed in pamela anderson to drive that car.

Probably a wise decision anyway unless you have a lot of protection, but bring your video camera though.

:)

I hope fewer guys have driven that car....:rolleyes: :eek::p

smokey212 said:
My brother and I had a custom exhaust made with flowmaster 40 series mufflers and comptech exhaust today. It took a little while to make, but we have a good pipe bender at our muffler shop. I was a little worried about how it would sound, but we started it up, and I think I would trade a night in bed in pamela anderson to drive that car. I am going to do mine soon. I was wondering if anyone else had made anything similar.

Actually, lots of people have made a custom set up using the Flowmaster. Myself included. After buying a used Comptech, it blew a large hole in the canister. Since I had just purchased it, I didn't want to drop a ton of money for another exhaust, so I tried the flowmaster and I love it.
Just wish it was nice and polished like the other aftermarket NSX exhausts.

Regards,
- Z

break out a die grinder and some polishing compound and make it look good. It would work better if you had stainless pipes though.

smokey212 said:
I would trade a night in bed in pamela anderson to drive that car. I am going to do mine soon. I was wondering if anyone else had made anything similar.

Smokey,
Was that a Freudian slip when you said you would trade a night in bed IN Pamela Anderson? I had to laugh when I read that. I'm not sure if I've ever heard or seen an exhaust as nice as Pamela's. I think the sounds from Pamela would far outweigh anything on the NSX.

We're using DC headers to 3" stainless piping and Borla shorty mufflers. It is very loud, but sounds good!

Back