• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cybernation Shows Turbo NSX

I would like to know too. If this kit is for real, I would like to just obtain it and install it, without having to do anything else to the stock engine, and have the reliability.

Is reliability testing (street,drag and track)being done with BOTH the 3.0L and 3.2L? It seems that a bulk of the testing is on the 3.2L.

I have a 1991 and am interested in the 3.0L.

[This message has been edited by Redeye (edited 23 February 2003).]

Originally posted by 92NSX:
There are a few FI cars I know of pushing over 400 rwhp w/stock internals.

Presumably you are referring to some of the BBSC cars. Besides the fact that none of them have all that many miles yet, I think that it’s important to distinguish between HP from SC and HP from turbo, or more accurately between HP and torque. It seems likely that the high torque over a broad RPM range of a turbo is more likely to stress the block and related parts than something like a BBSC with similar peak HP numbers. After all, HP is the product of torque and RPM so torque is the real measure of how much power is generated per cylinder per ignition stroke, and that may be the most relevant number for some types of stress. Compare a BBSC torque curve with that of a turbo and you’ll have an idea of the difference.

sjs,
Very well stated. Thank you.
smile.gif

You are correct about the #'s being from BBSC cars and they DON'T have very many miles under them yet with those numbers. So the endurance and reliability has yet to be proven.

------------------
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Of course Cybernations would have the best answer for that question but after talking with them briefly, I wouldn't expect it.
They are going about it the right way with respect to doing lots of research and real world driving conditions before they go 'public' with a kit. I think it will be worth the wait though.
Best of luck to them.

------------------
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

I am going to be in their area this weekend & have talked to them about stopping in to check out the car. I'm very anxious to see what it is all about & am hoping to get to test it.I've got a 91 & am ready to go FI,just trying to go the right route.If I get to test it ,I'll post my thoughts.I am hoping to ride in Charles's BBSC car soon as well,as I've not felt one of these either.Exciting times ,indeed, for insatiable power fanatics like me.
biggrin.gif

Oh God... I want one. I would play it safe though and only boost 5psi. I blew up 4 race motors in my integra a few years ago cranking the boost up. What would the hp be at the wheels with 5psi? I wanna make use of my Stage 2 Comptech clutch... When is the kit going to be ready for the public? Can any shop install it or will it be recommended to only be installed by the cyber people? If I will be possibly driving the car to California every here and there, is a oil and/or water cooler recommended? I had Greddy oil cooler for my turbo integra. Any more updates on the exact specs for the stage 1 kit, specifically the dimensions of the intercooler and the brand, and the specs for the turbine? Can this kit be run with a DALI Hot Chip? I would remove my chip IF I get a kit, but just wondering. I also only have access to 91 octane gas out here in LV, will the kit allow me to hit 160+ mph without ANY detonation and drive the car on a track on 91 octane gas, out of the box? Please let me know. I have serious concerns about the detonation subject and 91 octane fuel. Is an aftermarket fuel pump recommended? What else is recommended to be installed with the kit, or is EVERYTHING that SHOULD be added to the car included in the kit. I WILL buy a kit once all the ???'s are answered and mostly all doubt is put to rest...

Wow.. big topic...
First off all.. before anyone tries to put negative feedback about Cybernation's kit... Go check it out... talk to Lee, and take a ride if his car...

I GARANTEE , not only will you be satisfied.. but YOU WILL walk out of the car smiling. THE CAR IS A BEAST.

I am not an electrition... but what Lee does with the computer is extreamly impressive. So far monitoring their car is been nothing but smiles. Never have I seen the car out of commition.. RUNS everyday.. everyday hard driving, and everyday they give test rides in the car... IT IS AMAIZING.

I personaly can not wait till my car is done. I am going there with JE 9.1 pistons, port/polish heads, valve job, etc.

I have trust in Lee and Black Magic, to make my car one of the fastes NSXs in Florida.

Keep this post going...

Based on my direct personal observations of the work done at/by Cybernation I would look for another vendor. BBeckert
can embelish as it was his car that suffered while under their care.

TampaBayNSX-R said:
Based on my direct personal observations of the work done at/by Cybernation I would look for another vendor. BBeckert
can embelish as it was his car that suffered while under their care.

Taking into account the work is not up to par at Cyber, would you still say the products are of high quality?

As the saying goes, any FI system is only as good as it's tuner. I have serious doubts about the fuel/engine management for this system. There's certainly a reason you haven't heard much from Cybernation in the NSX community. It relates to the very poor results experienced by a well-known member of the NSX community after having his car at their shop for MONTHS. Buyer beware would be the order of the day, IMO.

I know I have spoken to lee as well and when he told me only 7k it seems great. but I don't want to be a a lab rat either

Maybe you could buy the parts from Factor X and get Cybernation to install it? Surely they could do that.

...Oh god, we're not wasting NSXprime's bandwidth on more discussion of "Cybernations Motorsports" are we :rolleyes: The discussion about this company and there products have been thoroughly gone over...what's with the change in the "search" feature..does it still work?
...Anyhow, to make a long story short...I was one of the people feverishly awaiting for the release of their "kit" which never happend...just got the run-around. Then ultimately they stated they're pulling out of doing anything like that for NSX's and will be specializing in the RSX and Civic turbo kits (their bread and butter). The couple of beta cars that sported their base intercooled turbo kit were running low boost (~7-9PSI) on the stock motor and achieved impressive results. Approx. 400RWHP and over 300RWT throughout the powerband...with boost coming in well below 3000rpms. These beta cars either had major problems/tuning issues or outright exploded* VERY poor reliability. The reason for this was simple....you CAN NOT produce a reliable turbo kit using an archaic SS-box for fuel management*** Which was what kept costs so cheap and they could offer their kit for only $5grand. Which ment they're charging you $5grand for their own hardware basically...for the SS-box was worthless. Done right, with a TUNED AEM stand alone and the needed senors, etc...would of raised the pricing up to the 7-8grand mark** ....ultimately Lee felt it wasn't worth the time for a FEW anal NSX customers to spend 8grand for a kit like that when they were already back-up for *weeks* with civic & rsx turbo kit installs which they were making much more $$$ off of. As a businessman I guess it makes sense to me.

...if you got a civic or rsx and a few weeks to spare...cybernations is definitely your A-1 shop*

...for an NSX, you're pissing in the air trying to put the sun out :rolleyes:

Back