• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Daily Driving the '92 NSX

So lately I have been driving my '92 NSX 5MT coupe as a daily driver. Not every single day, but 3-4 days a week, including driving to work and going to the grocery store. It's such a wonderful car. The worst thing is getting in and out of it, since I'm getting older and am overweight. The looks and thumbs up I get everywhere are fun. It just puts a smile on my face.

Who else here uses their NSX as a daily driver?

I'm converting over to daily-driving the NSX and have been repairing/replacing the few things that have kept me from doing so up to this point. Last item: replacing the CCU.

Currently I am driving the NSX every day without snow or rain. Occasionally I'll get caught out with the rain, but that's no big deal; I just don't wanna be out there when it's pouring buckets. Once they stop salting the roads and snow is no longer a risk, I will drive the NSX every day instead of the 3 or 4 days a week I am currently doing.

^^^ I'm in SoCal, so weather is not an issue for driving the NSX.

Then if you're driving under my criteria, you should be driving the NSX almost every single day ;)

I miss San Diego =(

So lately I have been driving my '92 NSX 5MT coupe as a daily driver. Not every single day, but 3-4 days a week, including driving to work and going to the grocery store. It's such a wonderful car. The worst thing is getting in and out of it, since I'm getting older and am overweight. The looks and thumbs up I get everywhere are fun. It just puts a smile on my face.

Who else here uses their NSX as a daily driver?

I drive my car every day...

Mine's a daily driver. Can't beat south Florida weather. Take it everywhere... I try to be careful where I park, especially when I shop.

I'm converting over to daily-driving the NSX and have been repairing/replacing the few things that have kept me from doing so up to this point. Last item: replacing the CCU.

Currently I am driving the NSX every day without snow or rain. Occasionally I'll get caught out with the rain, but that's no big deal; I just don't wanna be out there when it's pouring buckets. Once they stop salting the roads and snow is no longer a risk, I will drive the NSX every day instead of the 3 or 4 days a week I am currently doing.
Why are you replacing the ccu and not having BrianK repair it?

When I first bought my NSX, I sold my other two cars and drove it every day in south Texas. It was a great daily driver, but it is a bit hard to be the only car. Right now I need to fix my A/C (evap), but if it came down to it, I could drive it daily down here in SD.
Miner

Mine's a daily driver. Can't beat south Florida weather. Take it everywhere... I try to be careful where I park, especially when I shop.
+1. If I could be assured of some a-hole not parking right next to me in a public parking lot, I'd certainly drive mine a lot more. If I could just get over this, I'd at least be able to consider my NSX as a DD.

+1. If I could be assured of some a-hole not parking right next to me in a public parking lot, I'd certainly drive mine a lot more. If I could just get over this, I'd at least be able to consider my NSX as a DD.

Do it! Our cars are meant to be driven, that's why we have them. Now, if I could figure a way to keep my BB clean for more than 5 minutes.....:smile:

I drive mine every day if its not snowing or raining, not because of the car but because I don't want to get it dirty.

I'm glad to see this thread - when I owned mine I'd drive it a few days a week and on the weekend some. I enjoyed driving the car and really that's what it's meant for. Ferry Porsche said of his cars - "they are meant to be driven not just polished." The same should be said of the NSX - and I loved to drive my NSX - I know how come I sold it - necessity. But I shall return to the driving fold one day! Keep'm rolling men!

I drive my '93 NSX 3-4 days a week. I take it everywhere unless the weather/parking situation is dicey or iffy.

Of all the exotics, I can't think of a better daily driver than the NSX. It has the reliability, creature comforts, ease of driving, and practicality (usable trunk) that most sports cars lack.

2012-12-23cr.jpg

Mine has been a daily since I bought it in August 2010. I have put 41K miles on it and it recently rolled over 100K. Can't think of a better daily car.

Mine has been a daily since I bought it in August 2010. I have put 41K miles on it and it recently rolled over 100K. Can't think of a better daily car.

What about a 4 runner or camery lol. Or evo, 4 doors, turbo and awd. ISF would work, ummmm

I hate when I can't drive mine. But crappy weather, brings crappy drivers and for that the venerble FJ-60 is the flag bearer.I like the contrast between the 4.2l. s-6 and the 3.0l.....

My neighbor at work has a beautiful 92' GPW auto that he drives daily. He takes it everywhere he goes and parks it anywhere he wants. He even has a set of golf clubs in the trunk for when he goes golfing on the weekends. I really envy him for being able to enjoy his car everyday and not worry about it being dinged.

Someday I'd like to pickup an auto NSX to daily drive and not worry too much about. How awesome would that be? Having a pristine modified garage queen and a stock daily driver.

I'm really guilty about not getting mine out more - so I will absolutely drive mine more in 2013 - such a great car and so much fun to drive - only put 1k miles on her in the past 12 months - life is too short and this is too an enjoyable a ride to have sit in the garage. As I get older I am beginning to appreciate the desire to enjoy each day; driving the NSX and enjoying a great (not cheap) wine. More enjoyable miles in 2013! Looking forward to NSXPO in Raleigh too. Cheers!

My neighbor at work has a beautiful 92' GPW auto that he drives daily. He takes it everywhere he goes and parks it anywhere he wants. He even has a set of golf clubs in the trunk for when he goes golfing on the weekends. I really envy him for being able to enjoy his car everyday and not worry about it being dinged.

Someday I'd like to pickup an auto NSX to daily drive and not worry too much about. How awesome would that be? Having a pristine modified garage queen and a stock daily driver.

Sounds pretty good. My car has enough rock chips that I kind of feel the same way now, but just the daily not garage queen :)

Back