• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali Racing Sub Box

I was just wondering if anyone had installed a Dali racing sub box in their car. I am thinking of ordering one, but would like to hear some feed back from anyone who has one or has seen one.

Thanks

I have one

I have the 'Dali' subbox. After waiting quite sometime I ended up ordering it directly from his supplier (info listed on Dali site). The box is pretty well crafted. I asked that they not cut the hole for the sub as my sub is 'metric' (DynAudio) which rather confused them so I felt it would be better that I cut it myself. I got the protective grill, which did not include any mounting hardware, or instuctions on how it be mounted. The two holes for the bolts which are needed to secure it to the factory mounting tabs were not drilled, and once I did drill them I found that the molds did not
mate together at that point so I needed to seal the holes from the main chamber. The sound is ok ( I usually have the bass turned WAY down), but it doesn't have the 'thump' I was expecting (although it is very loud). This is probably my fault for selecting a one size too large sub (9.25") for the size of the box. It does fit very well into the footwell with very little sacrafice in foot room. I would feel better served if it had cost $250.

Re: I have one

mandrewz said:
I have the 'Dali' subbox. After waiting quite sometime I ended up ordering it directly from his supplier (info listed on Dali site). The box is pretty well crafted. I asked that they not cut the hole for the sub as my sub is 'metric' (DynAudio) which rather confused them so I felt it would be better that I cut it myself. I got the protective grill, which did not include any mounting hardware, or instuctions on how it be mounted. The two holes for the bolts which are needed to secure it to the factory mounting tabs were not drilled, and once I did drill them I found that the molds did not
mate together at that point so I needed to seal the holes from the main chamber. The sound is ok ( I usually have the bass turned WAY down), but it doesn't have the 'thump' I was expecting (although it is very loud). This is probably my fault for selecting a one size too large sub (9.25") for the size of the box. It does fit very well into the footwell with very little sacrafice in foot room. I would feel better served if it had cost $250.

If you don't mind, how much did it cost you? Feel free to PM if you don't want to disclose publicly.

Thanks,
- Z

Back