• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali round coolant tank replacement radiator cap

I did a search and looked around and the radiator cap for the dali coolant tank is a Stant 18230, which unfortunately has been discontinued. I saw another thread where someone mentioned a different one at NAPA but doing a search had no results on their site so I don't know if that one exists any more or not.

The bottom seal on mine seems to be wearing out as it seeping small amounts of coolant out of the overflow hose. There was one listed on ebay which I bought but I just got the "oh sorry these don't actually exist any more" email.

I'm sure finding a replacement would be super easy if I didn't care about fitting it back inside of the aluminum cap/cover.

Has anybody replaced one of these caps lately?

I think you could just go to napa and show them the cap and tell them about it. It's probably a standard cap.

I know when I bought a STMPO coolant tank the rubber cap seal went out fast for some reason. I went to napa with the cap since ross said it was a generic one and they matched it. I bought 2 just encase and have had the coolant tank over 2 years and the cap I replaced from napa is still on there.

As for the ease of the cover mine fit right in.

I found that everywhere has round radiator caps but not the octagon shape. The round ones are slightly too big so I dremeled out some slots for the corners. It is nice and tight.
Napa was completely useless actually.

Last edited:
I had the same issue with my SOS coolant tank, one of the first ones. I could not find a replacement cap, so i gave up and bought a OEM tank. lol

Back