• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali

Fraud?

1. A deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain.
2. A piece of trickery; a trick.
a. One that defrauds; a cheat.
b. One who assumes a false pose; an impostor.

This is how the dictionary defines the word. I would like to compare this to Mark Johnson and Dali Racing's actions. I realize there are many individuals who will leap to the defense of Mark and speak ad nauseam of how he is a great guy, how great his service is, how he sent you product before you paid him, how he would never de-fraud someone yada yada yada. I actually believed all you prior to actually ordering product and sending Mark money. I also know Mark Johnson has many skeletons in his closet. People who would rather not rock the boat and confront the issue of not receiving product or credits.

Mark Johnson has not sent me Zanardi Floor mats that I paid for back in June. He did send me the rest of the order he just neglected/ fraudulently skipped the mats. I have repeatedly sent him VERY pleasant emails inquiring where the floormats were or when I would receive them.. After repeated attempts Mark has sent me nothing. I have also phoned him hoping he would pick up the phone, left him messages and I still have not heard from him.

Before placing my order I did research on NSX Prime in order to ascertain whether Dali Racing was a legitimate company to deal with. Virtually all the emails and stories were positive. Since not receiving my product in the past 4 months I have come across numerous unsatisfied customers. People who never received product or never received credits from Dali Racing.

I would suggest that anyone thinking about dealing with Dali Racing in the future seriously consider about alternative companies. The only way I would do business with Mark would be if I lived within 30 minutes from his shop/ house, therefore you can pay him a personal visit to find out where your product is.

If anyone doubts the validity of my experience I challenge them. I challenge Mark Johnson to prove he sent all my product. If this were my company; and I do own my own company, I would fight tooth and nail to defend my integrity.

If NSX Prime is truly a community I would ask everyone to discontinue doing business with Mark Johnson, he is not an ethical business man and I have seen enough stories on NSX Prime to convince people of this fact.

Dash,

I am sorry Mark has not sent you the Zanardi Floor Mats.

To give another opinion on the subject, I have been dealing with Dali Racing for about 6 months and have spent probably $1200 on NSX parts. I have had all my products sent COD with no problems. Mark is very helpful, informative, responsive, and seems eager to please. I as of yet have no complaints with the way he handles his business.

I also assume that Dali Racing isn't Mark's life. It looks like it is something he does on the side to provide the NSX community with information and products at fair prices.

I am in no way calling you, Dash, a liar or trying to make any waves. This is just simply my $.02.

-Mike

Mickey, I know there are people such as you out there that have had no problems with Mark, however there are also others that have had and continue to have problems with Mark. I am not sure what Mark's formula is for avoiding to send products and just keep their money, I wish I knew. As for fair prices I and others in my shoes I have subsidized others fair prices.

As for Dali being Mark's part time job, I don't buy it because he is eager to respond to potential sales opportunities but he is not willing to deal with the holes he digs.

If Mark would have sent me an email saying "Dash you are a ****ing liar because I ....." I would at least know he believes he sent the product and it could have been lost. He won't even comment on these sorts of problems. I emailed and PM'd him the exact same message and I await his response.

People have questioned him as I am questioning his character on a NSX forum of 5000 members and he does not even say a word.

If I were him I would be embarrased to show my face at NSXPO.

Mikey Rudamann said:
Dash,

I am sorry Mark has not sent you the Zanardi Floor Mats.

To give another opinion on the subject, I have been dealing with Dali Racing for about 6 months and have spent probably $1200 on NSX parts. I have had all my products sent COD with no problems. Mark is very helpful, informative, responsive, and seems eager to please. I as of yet have no complaints with the way he handles his business.

I also assume that Dali Racing isn't Mark's life. It looks like it is something he does on the side to provide the NSX community with information and products at fair prices.

I am in no way calling you, Dash, a liar or trying to make any waves. This is just simply my $.02.

-Mike
This just shows that Mark is consistently inconsistent and only is selectively treating some people nicely and at the same time screwing people left and right. I will never do business with flake like that and I really don't think he offers the best prices anyway. I'd rather buy things from reputable people, even if they might be more expensive, to spare the headache. In fact, it is not the losing money part that really matters, but the sense of violation, betrayal, being victimized, and being ignored that hurt people. Mark is not an ethical businessman.
Steve

I agree with every last comment Dash Rip Rock and challenge every last member of the NSX community to hold M.J. accountable. Just because you receive YOUR CRAP from Mark doesn't make him a great guy. For a minute think about the other members of this board that have paid for items they yet never received!!!!

Maybe he need to make it his full time job and get caught up on shipping goods that have been paid for. Or stop taking money from people and go out of business. Here is an idea, ship the product first Mark and we will send your money after the product is received. I am almost willing to bet that Mark would get 100% payment on goods sent this way.

DALI RACING

Well my charges are reversed so the problem is taken care of,but it does blow my mind that people would be supportive of a business with such an inconsistant track record when it comes to customer service.No one is perfect ,but come on guys...how many negative things do you need to hear before you stop supporting someones business?Personally I have heard and dealt with enough!

Maybe he need to make it his full time job
I don't think that will happen. Andy Vescey stated it very well in the other thread about this same topic.

I do hope that all the bad issues people are having with MJ do get resolved to their satisfaction.

Last edited:
SSMS2000 said:
Maybe he need to make it his full time job and get caught up on shipping goods that have been paid for. Or stop taking money from people and go out of business. Here is an idea, ship the product first Mark and we will send your money after the product is received. I am almost willing to bet that Mark would get 100% payment on goods sent this way.

Actually, that's exactly how my first several orders went, the first of which was quite large. But he has in fact suffered more than a few deadbeats that way himself so you would lose that bet.

Actually, that's exactly how my first several orders went, the first of which was quite large. But he has in fact suffered more than a few deadbeats that way himself so you would lose that bet.

I was under the impression everyone had to pay Mark Johnson first and then he sent you product. Maybe Mark is just taking from the NSX comunity for those that did not pay him. Maybe I and others have contributetd cash directly into Mark's deadbeat accounts? Not sure maybe Mark can explain?

Payback

I realize that many people have received their parts from Mark, but it's pretty obvious that he has ripped off a lot of others. I ordered from Canada, I had to prepay by money order (no COD's accross the border), that's the last I saw of my money, can't reverse a money order. It's interesting to hear that he has shipped some stuff out prior to receiving the money. I wonder if how he'd feel about shipping stuff around the US and never getting paid for it. I'm not endorsing anyone ripping HIM off, just wondering how he'd feel if it happened to him.

BBB web address for Dali Racing

Dash Rip Rock wanted me to post the link for the Better Business Bureau in the region for Dali Racing, so here it is.

http://www.sandiego.bbb.org/

Just follow the links to file a complaint and enter Mark's contact info:

Mark Johnson
DALI RACING
Suite - #5
6391 Rancho Mission Road
San Diego, CA 92108

I am confident this will ensure he never ships my stuff, and he certainly will never do business with me again, but who really cares, doing business with this guy is like playing Russian Roulette.

If he doesn't settle my account, I'll make it my mission to take apart his business. Unfortunately for him, as a private Investigator I have the means to do so.

It's pretty crappy that in such a limited market a guy like this can get away with ripping off so many people for so long. My next step will be to file formal fraud charges with the San Diego Police Department. I'll post how I make out with the BBB, if MJ doesn't take it seriously, I'll post again before contacting the Police to see if anyone else wants a charge or two laid on their behalf.

Dear Robin,

Mark Johnson ripped me off too. If BBB or the police needs any info from me, let me know, I'll be glad to help. Just fyi, I'm not in the U.S. He's one dishonest individual.

Henry.

Contacting BBB

If anyone out there has had issues dealing with Mark Johnson of Dali Racing I would suggest that you follow the BBB link that Robin has listed. The BBB is there to listen and take notes when you have issuses with businesses, they are not investigators and will not track you down.

Thank you.

The BBB is really just a referral agency with which businesses can choose to register. The only way that one's business would be hurt by a bad rating is if a prospective buyer checks with the BBB before the purchase to determine a business's rating. The BBB does not investigate as mentioned earlier, nor does it prosecute.

Better Business Bureau

I received a letter from the Better Business Bureau indicating that they have sent mj a letter outlining my problems with his service. Their letter requests that he resolve the problem with me. If he does not, they will follow up with more correspondence and wait for a reply. If he still avoids rectifying the problem they will register his business as a poor service to do business with. The ball is in his court.....

I buy my stuff by COD and have nothing negative to say about Mark or DaliRacing. All transactions went fast and were shipped on time with no delays or damaged goods. Maybe COD is the way to go for those that are:
1. in the states
2. nervous about getting ripped off

The DON said:
your so smart deedub

I beg to differ ;)

But really, it would seem to be a smart decision. I know COD is a pain in the butt and i believe there is a charge(cannot remember, its 4 something in the morning now) but i was skeptical at first ordering from them. If they want to take the risk and let people pay COD then im all for it. That way i dont let the UPS driver go without inspecting the product first :)

Last edited:
UPS - COD

I once ordered an expensive watch with COD delivery. The UPS driver said that I couldn't open the package until after I paid him. I resisted and he finally let me open it.

Therefore, my impression is that UPS policy doesn't permit opening prior to paying. So I have been reluctant to use COD.

What is UPS official policy these days? Anyone know for sure? Thanks.

Back