• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Damaged ww front lip

Any way to fix this wings west front lip.

IMG00188.jpg

IMG00189.jpg

IMG00190.jpg

Bought this on eBay and this is the way it was package. Could not be done when in transit because had the lip not been bent it would never had fit in the box. I have sent an email to the seller and I'm awaiting a response.

Normally I would never except this but time doesn't allow me to return and wait for another one. If is was to keep it is there a way to fix it.

I read somewere that heat is usaly good to fix these. Will it take the kinks out

Same thing happened to me with my WW front lip... You can easily bring it in to a body shop and they would normally used a heat gun to mold it back out since most of WW kits are made from polyurethane. What I did was put together a staging board and trace out the good side of the lip and mirrored it on the other side. Then gorilla glue the wooden dowels to hold the form and massage out the lip with a heat gun. Just have patience and it will be all good...:wink:

Good Luck!

R

What do you mean you traced out the good side of the skirt. As you can see from the pic there is no good side.

What do you mean you traced out the good side of the skirt. As you can see from the pic there is no good side.

I was referring to my front lip but looking at your pictures it is not that bad, Like I said before you can take it to a body shop and they can straightened it out for you. Personally if your not in a rush then I would take it back to the Seller and have them get you a new one.

Good Luck

It's OK, let it rest for like 3 days, I hanged mine on my boxing bag for like 3 - 4 days, PERFECT .... I remember when I got mine, it came in ONE CIRCLE shape, i was WTF WTF WTF???????? almost called the seller, yet, i gave a chance since polyurethane is very flexible ... i wouldn't use any heat gun, believe, mine came PERFECT ...

OScar

PS: Must be a new thing b/c my prelude also had a WW front lip, and they shipped in one long box 7 years ago ...

Thanks. Just put a little bit of heat and already looks way better.

The two sided tape used to mount the lip how permanent is it. If I was to remove the lip at some point will it take the paint off.

Doubt it will take the paint off. Removing the double sided tape will be a pain. just use a plastic razor so you dont carve up the paint.

Thanks. Just put a little bit of heat and already looks way better.

The two sided tape used to mount the lip how permanent is it. If I was to remove the lip at some point will it take the paint off.

I didn't trust the tape they included when I bought mine so I added 3M tape for insurance.

Back