• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

danewave speakers?

Anyone have any experience with danewave speakers? Looking to put in the built in stuff and that is what my installer is wanting to put in. Thanks.

Are you talking about outdoor speakers or in home speakers.

If none of those, for tower speakers:

The best speakers for the money is Vandersteen 2 and 3 speakers.

There is nothing else better in that price range.

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with danewave speakers? Looking to put in the built in stuff and that is what my installer is wanting to put in. Thanks.

Have you done this already?

no i haven't bought any speakers yet. i am looking at 5 for the surround in the living room, 2 in dining, 2 in MBR, and 2 on back porch, all flush wall tied together...

just wondering if anyone had info on danewave, as again, that is what my installer wants to put in... still planning it all out...

thanks

I've never heard these speakers personally.

However, after viewing their website....I'd probably pass and go with a better known brand,.

Additionally, if you price your equipment yourself, and purchase it, and just the let installer *install* it, you'll probably end up saving a few bucks. ;)

I've never heard these speakers personally.

However, after viewing their website....I'd probably pass and go with a better known brand,.

Additionally, if you price your equipment yourself, and purchase it, and just the let installer *install* it, you'll probably end up saving a few bucks. ;)

yeah, i was thinking the same thing. alright, how about suggestions? do you think i would be able to find anything decent for around $100 a speaker? i'm not an audiophile, but i don't want to run KLH's either!

also, do i need specific fronts, a center, and rears for the living room? we've always just had the system in a box types, not built in...

thanks

yeah, i was thinking the same thing. alright, how about suggestions? do you think i would be able to find anything decent for around $100 a speaker? i'm not an audiophile, but i don't want to run KLH's either!

also, do i need specific fronts, a center, and rears for the living room? we've always just had the system in a box types, not built in...

thanks

Yes...you can get decent speakers for about $200 per pair. I'd probably spend a little more if I were you. I've used sonance in walls in the past, and I wasn't impressed. I'll probably put klipsch or boston's in my current home when I get around to it.

If you are wanting to do home theater, yes you are going to want to have fronts, center and rears, and perhaps an in wall sub. For other rooms without home theater, you'll just need a pair of in ceiling speakers placed centrally in the ceiling.

I posted a thread earlier on prime, I still have a few sets of these left. They are $350 in-walls made by Elan (www.elanhomesystems.com) that I said I would give a few sets to prime members for $100/pair. That is way below dealer cost, I bought what they had on a closeout. You can use 5 or 7 of these in your surround room, DR and BR, and I have a bunch of outdoor speakers laying around in my warehouse I can probably get you something good and cheap. I can tell you how to wire them up which an electrician can do, get some speaker wire from Home Depot and have him run them, he can probably install these speakers himself too or you can do it, its easy. Send me a PM and I will help you out.

Back