• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dash vent trim

I need the trim that spans the dashboard right up against the window. Mine is cracked. is this a common problem? Easy to replace?

common problem, not easy to replace. entire dash has to come out. do yourself a favor and replace the evaporator while you're at it. i did mine several years ago.
seats, dash, console, steering, wiring......all have to come out.
just follow the repair manual, take lots of pics and label and bag everything, step by step. did it evenings and weekends and everything worked out perfectly.
some of the bolts are coated and are one-time use and have to be replaced. ordered all the parts from acura before i started and all went smoothly.

Someone used to sell a satin black powder-coated metal piece that went over the cracked trim. It looked great, was a breeze to install, and a far superior solution to just replacing the factory piece and waiting for it to crack. I wonder if they are still around and if not something similar would be a good candidate for 3D printing.

Jay @ Helix Auto Works makes carbon fiber cover that slides on top.

Thanks for posting that - it looks like the flexible carbon fiber is easier to install than the metal piece. As far as what causes the cracking the sun certainly doesn’t help nor does expansion and contraction as the weather changes.

Back