• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

David vs. Goliath

Stopped by a local tuner shop last week and took a few pictures of this monster chevy. If anyone wants to see some hi-res pictures email me and I will send them to you.

Attachments

• nsx and chevy (back)111111.jpg
    nsx and chevy (back)111111.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 852
  • 111111.jpg
    111111.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 843
Last edited:
Me suspects a photoshop job. :p Why? There are no leaf-springs on the truck. To be on just coil-over shocks with no diagonal suspension cross-bracing, the vehicle would collapse the first time it took a corner at even moderate speed.

Regardless, incredibly retarded :eek: .....and I'm not talking about ignition timing. :cool:

LOL!! I like it!! I will find the picture I have of my friends Jeep with the front hanging over the front of my NSX. :D

If it's photoshop, they did a good job. In the first pic, you can see the power lines inside the trucks windshield.

hmhm... someone knows a little too much about monster truck suspension :)

How the hell would you even get in and out of that truck?
Dumbest thing I have ever seen, photoshopped or not.

I don't think it's a photoshop. I think the truck is either being repaired, or the build isn't complete. The reason there's no leaf springs is because you wouldn't be able to get a leaf spring with that much droop and still be a reasonable length (end to end). However, even with the axle locating panard rods shown, I agree that there seems to be a strength issue. I think that shock/spring set-up is temporary just so they can "move" it around the parking lot. That's usually the reason for the small tires as well. Those appear to be only 40s or 44s at the most and that suspension is set up way too tall for those little narrow tires. It looks like it's going to wear real monster truck Chevrons.

....That's my guess

Actually after doing a search (and being really bored) it seems that the panard rods would be sufficient. The real monster trucks use them. I knew they did, but I thought there were other components in addition. The only thing is on the real big race monsters the panard rods are mounted to the truck lower on the chassis. There is usually a center sub-frame that hangs down a bit in the middle of the truck.

I'll tell you what though....if he goes with wider tires, he's gonna need much bigger axles. He's gonna snap those like a toothpick:)

Here's a "real" monster truck suspension

Attachments

• coil2-01.jpg
    coil2-01.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 707
No photoshop done. It is a shop called Altered Ego here in Syracuse, Utah. It is just used to promote and advertise their bussiness. I cant remember the tire size but I will stop by and check it out. I thought my car was low with H&R's, but next to this monster!!!!!!!

Sorry, that truck is a menace that hopefully will never be on the public roads. Aside from being unsafe, it would throw up enough debis to break the windshields and scratch the paint of everythign behind it.

kinda like arguing over who's the best professional wrestler...or who's the best NASCAR driver...

Back