• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Deal gone bad at courtesy acura in ky!

droptopcrusing said:
Sometimes its not about the damages...its a matter of principle, so time is negateable. And it will not cost me anything to persue this.

Believe me when I say that I understand, but it will be a hassle, as I am sure you know.

I am not trying to discourage you, but I don't know that it will provide the vindication you seek, even if you are ultimately successful at trial.

brahtw8 said:
Tim, how the heck was your drive home?

Sorry I missed you at the dealership. John said you came by 15 minutes after I left. It would have been too much of a coincidence if we met that day.

I heard you were running with the Harley boys on the way home. Its Harleyfest here in Milwaukee.

If you are like me, the biggest problem is trying to avoid putting miles on the NSX. I'm creeping up on 7500 since May 3rd, and I don't drive it every day. :eek:

Back to the topic . . .

I think you guys have pretty much covered the contract issues. As a practical matter, being from the 'law-in-action' school, you aren't going to sue them. Not worth the time, money, and hassle for the potential recovery.

I am curious as to why the car was sold to another dealer.

(Sorry, mine's a 5-spd. and not for sale anytime soon, knock on wood. ;) )

I'm not sure why they would sell to another dealer. Maybe it wasn't and is a kind of cosignment between the dealers.

>>Since this was a distance buy, signed paper work by both parties was not possible at the time of offer and acceptance.

What? No fax service in Kentucky? No computer with a scanner? No email with digital signature? No Airborne, FedEx or postal service? Please explain.

I stopped by the dealer this morning and the car was not there. I asked a saleman and he said that the manager is driving it home each night but gets parked out in front when he comes to work. Wasn't going to show up until 3pm today so I will not see the car. If you discuss things with them and are still interested, let me know and I can go have a look. Offer them the same amount as your deal from Lexington. It's still the same car, just a couple more miles.

Soichiro said:
>>Since this was a distance buy, signed paper work by both parties was not possible at the time of offer and acceptance.

What? No fax service in Kentucky? No computer with a scanner? No email with digital signature? No Airborne, FedEx or postal service? Please explain.

In my original post, I indicated that I faxed the signed check that was made out. Thereafter, I called and gm acknowledge the reciept of it and that "we have a deal" and to call back the next day to get the paper work mailed to me by the salesman that I initially spoke to.

When I bought my 02 Hummer Wagon, my best friend had a deposit on it off 2000. They held it for 30days then he decided not to buy it. He called me and I sent them a deposit of 2000 and they held it for another 30days for me. I know that they had offer from at least 10 different people who wanted to pay more. It was the last of the limited edtion 10th Anv trucks out there. I guess it just depends on the dealer. I have bought many trucks from the before so they knew I was not playing around with buying it. Plus they knew if the sold it under me it would cost them alot!!!!! in the long run

droptopcrusing said:
I've been in search of an automatic silver for over a year. I believe I found the right one at an acura dealer in ky.

:mad:
You believed wrong! The silver NSX in question has been driven by every sales person at that dealership for the past 10 months I have personally inspected the car and would give it a (5) on a scale of 1 to10. Some unlucky buyer going to have to spend some bucks on this car. If my memory serves me correct the best thing on this NSX was the wheels (SSR-GT)

>>and to call back the next day to get the paper work mailed to me by the salesman that I initially spoke to.

Did you ever get this paperwork? If not it seems you never had a deal.

>>I faxed the signed check that was made out

A faxed copy of a check might not prove anything. Did you overnight the check to them? If so you might have a tracking number and/or dealer employee signature for receiving it. Did they cash your check? If so that might be something you could use against them to resolve the situation.

Soichiro said:
Did you ever get this paperwork? If not it seems you never had a deal.
Not true. My understanding is that, if they verbally say "you have a deal" or make a similar commitment, you have a legally binding contract. It may be more difficult to prove (if you get into a "he said she said" thing) than a written contract, but it is just as legally binding.

Droptop has more legal training than I do (which means more than zero ;) ) and I'm sure he can confirm this to be true.

:D
I stopped by the dealer this morning and the car was not there. I asked a saleman and he said that the manager is driving it home each night but gets parked out in front when he comes to work. Wasn't going to show up until 3pm today so I will not see the car. If you discuss things with them and are still interested, let me know and I can go have a look. Offer them the same amount as your deal from Lexington. It's still the same car, just a couple more miles.

No wonder dealers had hard time to sell the nsx... I bet the car's going to lose some value after the guy driving it in and out everyday...

I am curious as to why the car was sold to another dealer.
Hypothetically, the dealer could have traded this nsx with that large dealer for another used/new car. You know the Ms/MR. Prospective wants such color with that option and the color interior and if the dealer doesn't have it, he'll just walk out. After the dealer considering the margin they make over this guy, and probably they are not going to be getting much from your $5000 less deal, it's logical (business decision wise ...Greed... ) to do such a despectful thing.
If I'm in the area, I'll start bad mouthing them whenever I can, however. :mad:

Back