• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

dealership curbed my wheel

I need some advice. I try my best to avoid taking my car to the dealership as it is, but when someone rear ended me a few weeks ago I thought this would be the safest place to get it fixed. I just polished my wheels Sunday, so I knew every scratch on them. I drove it 5 miles to the dealership on Monday. Then, I picked it up on Friday and drove it 5 miles back. Then when I pulled it out of the garage on Saturday to wash it I noticed it when my sponge got caught on the scrape. So is it worth it to go back and complain?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 593
You might just find out how honest your dealership is. I would go back and hope for the truth.

Well, I guess it really depends on how upset you are about it.

If I were in your shoes, I would have blown my top, but in the end it is just over a material object, which we all do prize very much. Otherwise we wouldn't be on these enthusiast forums chatting about cars.

Being one, that works in a dealership, I would go back, and at least hope to get an apology. I am not sure what in the way of compensation the managers would be willing to offer, however learning that this would, and has happened as a manager, I would have a stern talk with the lot attendants, reinforcing the fact, that people spend many thousands of dollars that they've earned, to purchase goods from us, and that you must treat their property with extreme care, and respect, as you would for your own possessions.

I'm sorry that you would have to go through this experience.

I would at least let the dealership's service manager aware of this problem, so that it does not happen to anyone else's vehicle.

That's my 2 cents...
Nice car rim by the way. (I dont own an NSX yet, but am working towards it.)

Those look like blitz type-3 .If they are ,and you find someone to repair them satisfactoraly let me know.Thanx.

If I were you, I would go back and complain ASAP. The longer you wait, the less likely they will take the blame.

Just calmly let the service manager know what happened, if they try to blow you off... stand your ground and don't walk away until you get satisfaction. Any responsible dealership should own up to their mistake. It probably would help if you have a witness... maybe someone was with or around you when you recently polished your wheels.

Good luck

I would say your chances of compensation are slim to none in this case. Nevertheless, you should definitely go back to the dealer and explain to them what happened. After hearing the usual, "oh why didn't you bring it up immediately, or it could've happened anytime you drove it off the lot", you are still not satisfied then weigh the option of taking legal action or just chalking it up to a nightmare experience.

This happened to me a long time ago with my Accord and the Honda dealer who put a very noticeable dent in the passenger side I didn't realize was there until the next day. After taking it back and arguing with the manager to no avail, you realize how powerless consumers can be at times.

The only lesson to be learned here is if you have any work done on your car that's out of your sight, and YES, this even includes the standard oil change, then make sure you inspect ANYTHING and EVERYTHING AT the dealer before driving off.

Whether they own up or not (and I bet they won't!) find another dealership. If that's the level of care they provide your car, then the work they perform must also be suspect. I'm sorry to see that happen to you on top of the rear-ending:(

Being the owner of a dealership, I would say you should take the car back with any before/after pics you may have or the wheel. Talk first with the service manager and if you don't get satisfactory results, ask to talk with the general manager. I would expect they will be willing to have the wheel repaired at their cost, it is a fairly inexpensive fix and they don't have an angry customer. If you don't get anything out of them, ask for the regional Acura service rep's phone number ... they will either change their mind on the situation at that point, or you can call Acura and report the problem to them. Franchise dealers get ratings according to customer satisfaction and reported problems that will effect them greatly. I do not believe you would go without results at that point! <br> GOODLUCK!:)

Thank you for all the responses. I'm going to go back in the morning with a friendly but concerned attitude toward the problem and see how they respond. Unfortunetly, other than my word, there is no way I can prove it wasn't there before I dropped my car off.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
Just out of curiosity what size rim and profile tire is that in the picture ?
They are 18x10 Blitz Type 03's with 285/30 tires

Last edited:
Most dealership would repond positively to something like this.

I realize it's pretty difficult, but you might want to look around the dealership to see if you can spot what they curbed it on. There should be an obvious mark at a predictable height on the object if you find the right one. Most likely with some chrome on it or on the ground under it.

It looks like your wheel ground against the object as the edge was descending past it, so look for something that matches the height of about 4 or 5 o'clock on your rim. The leftmost mark in the photo would be a good indicator of where contact might have been made as the wheel was turning.

Sorry to hear about your wheel.

If you need a place to have them repaired, I use a place called Ye Ole Wheel Shop in Elkridge, MD. They've done work on my OEM wheels. I've seen them work on other NSXes and I know the Viper club recommends them too. They do really good work. I've stopped by their place a few times to also have new tires installed. My wheel was scuffed and it cost me $70 to have it repaired. A polished wheel may be slightly more.

They are also listed here...

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/TireWheel/tirewheelrepair.htm

go complain, those a holes drove my car 32 miles cause i had to replace a few gaskets and cam plugs..

hoefully you can get a free oil change, or 50% off your next purchase

i dont mean to sound cocky, but those test drivers piss in their pants when they get behind the wheel in a X
cause they are probably too excited to drive it, once they hit the pedal they dont know how to drive the damn thing..
its just my assumption..

now after I complained, I let the service manager teest drive the car, cause he knows If I see some miles, Im going to complain, and I will go call the HQ of Honda/Acura..

Well, I just got back from taking my car up there. They had photos from before they worked on my car, including all 4 wheels. However, it was with an older digital camera taken too far away to be able to tell if there were any marks on it before they worked on the car. Taking the same picture at the same distance the mark was unclear. The service manager tried telling me it wasn't a curb mark, they are more circular. He thinks it was made when I had my tires mounted. I tried telling him that was 8 months ago and I've washed and polished the wheels countless times since then. I would definitely of noticed a scrape that big. I also told him I would not be here unless I was 100% certain that mark was wasn't there before I brought the car to them. After thinking about it, maybe he is right, maybe it wasn't a curb. I think it might of been their lift and when they put the car back down on the ground they didn't push the lift completely out of the way before they pulled my car out. The most he was willing to do for me is sell me a new wheel at their cost or give me a discount if I wanted any other work done. Haha

DONYMO said:
Steve,

Was it Carland?
No, it was Ed Voyles, I used them because that's who the guy who hit me insurance's company referred me to. And then the dealership just directly bills them.

Last edited:
Steve, at least he acknowledged it may have been them and has placed an offer on the table for you to work from. Good luck

Back