• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dear Primers - I Need Your Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think most are under the illusion that the Ripoff Report can be taken with any more credibility than any other internet rumor. However, that is enough to, as previously stated, give rational people pause and fully consider their gift. I don't doubt Hugh needs help and, to be frank, I greatly respect his request for it. The issue is about the giver performing some due diligence, being as informed as possible, and weighing the potential costs and benefits of giving.

In hindsight, I think I would still have given and I hope and pray that it is helping him instead of damaging him through enabling.

Well said DocL. I met Hugh only for about 5 minutes at your house where we briefly discussed Iron Maiden in your driveway, but I've 'known' him on prime forever. As somebody who also has a 'past' and has needed help, I know people are capable of putting things behind them and moving on, assuming of course the ripoff reports even have any merit. I applaud him for having the courage to ask.

Last edited:
The phony reports about me on Ripoffreport.com were originally authored by Jeff Galpern and Ted Davis. Ted used to be on Prime as Captain Ted. Ted introduced me to Galpern back in 2007 as a business associate of his. Galpern represented himself as provider of financing for micro cap pink sheet companies. When he learned that I worked on Wall Street for 18 years he asked me if I was interested in working with him. I accepted the offer but discovered rather quickly that the guy was running a scam. He would provide $20K to $50K to these companies in exchange for deeply discounted free trading stock with the promise that he had a cadre of high net worth investors that he would make a presentation to about the company. These investors, he told his clients, would buy large blocks of stock and increase the share price. Additionally he agreed in writing with these companies NOT to sell the stock back into the market for several months.

There were no high net worth investors, and no presentations. The moment the free trading stock hit his brokerage account he would immediately dump it into the market. Since he was buying the stock for around 50% of the bid price, he pocketing quite a bit of money while ripping off these companies. I was mortified. I work as a muni bond trader for 18 years and retired from the Street as a Senior VP at Cantor Fitzgerald. I decided to take action. After Galpern pulled the scam on a stock trading under the symbol STSM, I contacted them and made them aware of what was going on. To make a long story short, simply Google Icarus Investments v Jeff Galpern. I provided key information to Icarus during depositions and the rest is history. The crap on RipoffReport.com appeared around the same time. You'd think the idiot learned his lesson. But I guess not. Google US v Jeff Galpern. This time he spent time at Club Fed.

RSO34 hit the nail on the head. The "complaints" against me were authored by the same person. How stupid do you have to be to post as my brother months after his death?!? My credibility is beyond reproach. I have a law enforcement background before my Wall Street days where your reputation is everything. Those here on Prime that know me, the merchants I've done business with, the members who I've bought and sold items with will all vouch for my credibility.

I am still going through a very tough time and greatly appreciate the help I've already received from you guys and want to offer thanks in advance for those of you yet to help me out.

Hi,

as usual, there are always 2 sides for every story...Hugh, thanks for sharing yours ;)

Thanks,
Nuno

Semper Forza Hugh!

I have no clue what that means unless you're referring to the Forza brand of car.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat right back atya though. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

as usual, there are always 2 sides for every story...Hugh, thanks for sharing yours ;)

Thanks,
Nuno

There are actually 3 sides to every story Nuno. Side A, Side B and, the truth. In my case however there are only 2 since I only speak the truth.

Footnote: (Three Sides To Every Story is also the title of an excellent album by Extreme who's guitar player is also named Nuno)

Stay Strong!

Been used by Ferrari for Michael Shumacher since his accident.

Who the hell mixes Latin and Italian? It's not even correct. It translates to Always Force. "Stay Strong" in "Latalian" would translate to "Manete Forte".

By that reply seems like Hugh's almost back to normal ;)

If it weren't for my sense of humor, the recent change to my cocktail of meds and DocL, I'd be dead right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't you noticed how crappy Ferrari is these days!

They've been crappy cars since day one. Some are absolutely gorgeous cars though. It's a shame their quality control is worse than a Bangladeshi oxcart sweatshop.

Who the hell mixes Latin and Italian? It's not even correct. It translates to Always Force. "Stay Strong" in "Latalian" would translate to "Manete Forte".

Looking into things, I'm the hack who mixes Latin and Italian. For Michael it is simply Forza Michael, for those who are supporting or behind him after his accident.

In my case, I corrupted it. Worst thing about speaking a bit of Mexican Spanish, Sicilian Italian and a hint of Latin, its all fouled up.

Stay Strong, Hugh! We are with you.

Just wanted you all to know that I just found out about this thread - typically I limit my Prime time to Florida/SouthEast region topics. I've known Hugh for several years and he's one that always has a quick quip, a photo shopped from nowhere, or a pinterest that hits the spot. Heck, the laughter he's provided is worth $$ all by itself!

We are twin turbo brothers!

PayPal sent (I wouldn't normally mention this but want people to know that we're still supporting him even after the Ripoff Report discussion.)

Last edited:
Man did I have a hard time after Robin William's death. I can totally relate to him. You guys all know my sick sense of humor that is on the inside, but what goes on in the inside is scary sometimes.

Another round of thank yous is in order to those that contributed recently. Thank you and God bless you!

Man did I have a hard time after Robin William's death. I can totally relate to him. You guys all know my sick sense of humor that is on the inside, but what goes on in the inside is scary sometimes.

Another round of thank yous is in order to those that contributed recently. Thank you and God bless you!

On behalf of all of us, you are welcome. Hugh just remember this: while in your darkest hour is when you most need to reach out.

Please, please , promise here publicly that you'll call Doc, me, anyone. PM sent.

I saw my doctor the other day and she is pleased with my psychological improvement since she upped my meds. When our conversation turned to my social activities, she essentially ordered me to attend NSXPO. I registered but actually going won't be easy. We shall see.

Thanks for the update Hugh. That's great news. So now you have to go to NSXPO...it's prescribed by your doctor. Though, I doubt prescription insurance would cover the cost.

I saw my doctor the other day and she is pleased with my psychological improvement since she upped my meds. When our conversation turned to my social activities, she essentially ordered me to attend NSXPO. I registered but actually going won't be easy. We shall see.

Hugh, I'm sure a lot of fellow primers would be glad to see you at expo, with or without your car!

Though, I doubt prescription insurance would cover the cost.

The cost of my Blue Cross Blue Shield tripled under Ass Clown Care. I am currently uninsured.

- - - Updated - - -

Hugh, I'm sure a lot of fellow primers would be glad to see you at expo, with or without your car!

Thank you for the kind words my friend. I'll be glad to get out of my self imposed 4 wall prison and see my other family. I might even bring Fluffy my inflatable ewe. :)

Fluffy.jpg

Payment sent and good luck Hugh.

Why has the OP been overwritten? Does anyone remember what it said?

Dear Primers,

Thank you for your help. A special thank you to the local guys (you know who you are) that reached out in person. :)

Thanks to you all, I've regained my strength and the road ahead looks much brighter. Hopefully this post doesn't jinx things! :)

More to follow............................

Ed In A Box 01.jpg

Awesome Hugh! If you're ever in New Orleans let me know. We'll grab a bite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back