• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Deatailing 101

I wanted to start a thread and get everyones input on their version of how to properly detail. I know there are several ways to go about it and I want to hear them all. :)

Lets assume this scenario when posting your thoughts:

Car has good to average paint and has been driven normally with standard wear and tear on it (rock chips etc etc)

How would you detail this car?

This is my normal scenario:

1. wash
2. clay- then wash again
3. glaze/polish
4. wax
5. wheels/ wheel wells
6. clean console/interior
7. treat leather
8. do the glass

then lastly I go over the car again to make sure I didnt miss anything and re-do the wheels to keep them glossy and its off for a cruise :D

how about you gents?

matt

1. Clean wheels
2. Wash
3. Clay
4. Polish
5. Seal
6. Wax
7. Tire dressing
8. Interior and windows

When I rotate my tires, I completely detail the wheels and wheel wells. About an hour per wheel to get the job done.

When the temps warm up, I Leatherique. At least once in the Spring and once in the Fall.

Between washes, I dust with the California Car Duster every day. If I am taking the car out, I dust then hit it with a QD.

You clay everytime you wash your car? Thats true commitment!

Your waxing/clay arm must look like this.

fiddler.gif

I usually clay once a year, then wash and zaino regularly.

This has been discussed here previously ad infinitum. You might want to do a search and read what has already been posted, instead of asking for yet another repetition of the same discussion.

For example, there is a complete topic that includes a description of a comprehensive detailing routine using Zymol products here, and another using Zaino products here.

Back