• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

delete

Ski_Banker said:
just not your very heartfelt response to Calvin "growing up, being productive, losing his imagination, etc." Not good, of course, but I didn't lose any sleep when I read it...

I am guessing this would have a greater effect a person such as Bodypainter who's career is based in the art's and creativity.

Personally I thought the part that said "Mom says the pills must be working" was the saddest part.

As a person who was put on, and then promptly taken off (thankfully) riddlin as a child; I am a staunch believer that "Life Medications" are grossly overused- and the reinforcement of the behavior seems to start in childhood.

Sorry, I don't mean to get all Tom Cruise on you- and no, I am not going to start repeating...

Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt,Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt,Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt,Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt,Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt,Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt,Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt,Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt,Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt,Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt,Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt,Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt,Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt,Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt,Matt, Matt, Matt, Matt!
To try and win an argument here either.

Oh, and Bloom County was another alltime favorite of mine as well.

now back to the useless stuff...

Goodtimes!

Attachments

• hobbes_dancing.gif
    hobbes_dancing.gif
    20.8 KB · Views: 193
H-carWizKid said:
...I Personally I thought the part that said "Mom says the pills must be working" was the saddest part...

I agree that these medications such as Ritalin and such are overused. I believe adults often mistake kids being kids for a problem and doctors are quick to shuffle the next patients in.

I also think it's great that you see the strip the way you do--that's what art is all about to some extent. But I just want to clarify whether or not you feel that's what Waterson intended the message to be. I don't think he did. I think he juxtaposed the homework into the picture to show us that Calvin really did have some issue and the imaginary fantasy world he lived in with Hobbes was affecting his life in a negative way.

Whether or not pills are the answer is another debate. But I think it was more of an overall social commentary about children more than a direct shot at these medications/treatments. IOW, he's showing us that at some point the fantasy would have stopped anyways--pills or no pills--because it was an interference, a impedence, in his real life.

I'm glad you brought up the over-medication of America's youth though. I've always thought it was pretty ridiculous.

NSXGMS said:
I also think it's great that you see the strip the way you do--that's what art is all about to some extent. But I just want to clarify whether or not you feel that's what Waterson intended the message to be. I don't think he did. I think he juxtaposed the homework into the picture to show us that Calvin really did have some issue and the imaginary fantasy world he lived in with Hobbes was affecting his life in a negative way.
In case anyone misunderstood, I want to make clear that the C&H strip I posted is a fake. I mean, the artwork is from some past C&H, but the words have been changed recently to be what it is now.

bodypainter said:
In case anyone misunderstood, I want to make clear that the C&H strip I posted is a fake. I mean, the artwork is from some past C&H, but the words have been changed recently to be what it is now.

Aha. Quite interesting. I was under the impression that was the last strip ever.

Nothing more than a fake Mona Lisa. :smile:

The last Calvin & Hobbes was much cheerier. :)

calvin_hobbes.jpg

bodypainter said:
hearing this news revealing fakery at large makes me incredibly sad, worse than the context of your forgery....:frown: :frown: :frown:
what's even more heinous is the thread hijack!! back to biz , girls...:tongue:
WjxiJyqx.jpg

ps this is sad...
hN92sgGS.jpg

95EagleAWD said:
That bowling clip must have hurt like hell. I can't imagine. http://www.frozenhippo.com/bowling-miss,22.html

I hadn't seen that...

That bowler is named Mike Machuga. He's an outstanding pro, and that's no accident. A good semi-pro friend of mine has bowled against him several times and lost several times. He is really a talented pro.

Believe it or not it's his "signature" move! From an article about a 2005 win:

After Machuga clinched the title match with two strikes in the 10th frame, he surprised everyone by doing his famous "Machuga Flop", hanging onto the ball and flinging himself down the lane. Since he never let go of the ball, there was no official rules violation, so Machuga followed that by striking on his final shot.

"Before I came on Tour I knew for my first title I was going to go down the lane.that was going to be my celebration," Machuga said of his flop.

Fans who missed Machuga's flop can catch it when ESPN2 replays the finals of the 2005 Greater Omaha Classic Monday, Nov. 14 at 4 p.m. ET.

In the bag
O'Neill used a Columbia Action while Traber featured a Brunswick Ultimate Inferno and Malott used a Columbia Detour.

Last edited:
:biggrin: :biggrin: <embed width="448" height="365" src="http://www.ifilm.com/efp" quality="high" bgcolor="000000" name="efp" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="flvbaseclip=2685625"> </embed> :biggrin: :biggrin:

MiamiMermaid said:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I don't usually like to laugh at people in agony... but that was freakin' hilarious!!:biggrin::biggrin:

:tongue: :biggrin:
DV8 said:
I don't usually like to laugh at people in agony... but that was freakin' hilarious!!:biggrin::biggrin:

LOL..... hhee, me either but for some reason , I have a feeling that she may have been a bit dramatic :wink: ... but did you see her face right after she told the lady to "STOP" so that she could try to cheat and stomp more grapes (doing the 'running man') ? LOL heheheee... Classic! Whenever I need an ab workout, I play this video... lol.... so bad.... :redface: :tongue: :biggrin:

Last edited:
MiamiMermaid said:
:tongue: :biggrin:

LOL..... hhee, me either but for some reason , I have a feeling they she may have been a bit dramatic :wink: ... but did you see her face right after she told the lady to "STOP" so that she could try to cheat and stomp more grapes (doing the 'running man') ? LOL heheheee... Classic! Whenever I need an ab workout, I play this video... lol.... so bad.... :redface: :tongue: :biggrin:
Yeah, probably right on the added dramatics but not as much as the anchors did after the segment :tongue: They did a good job keeping it together... I probably wouldn't have been able to contain myself! :biggrin:

wacky packages gone bad

ICBINT.jpg

spiked my childhood!:biggrin:

Re: wacky packages gone bad

Does management know their staff?
On walking into the company, the CEO noticed a young guy leaning Against
the wall, doing nothing. He approached the young man and calmly said to
him, "How much do you earn?"

The young man was quite amazed that he was asked such a personal question,
he replied, none the less, "I earn $ 2 000.00 a month, Sir. Why?" Without
answering, the CEO took out his wallet and removed $ 6000.00 cash and gave
it to the young man and said, "Around here I pay people
for working, not for standing around look! ing pretty!
Here is 3 months' salary, now GET OUT and don't come back".

The young man turned around and was quickly out of sight. Noticing a Few
onlookers, the CEO said in a very upset manner, "And that applies for
everybody in this company".
He approached one of the onlookers and asked him, "Who 's the young man
that I just fired ?". To which an amazing reply came of, "He was the pizza
delivery man, Sir!"

95EagleAWD said:
A few more... hopefully all not posted here before..

F430 in my town... nice plate.

Arg..I did not get that one sorry. Can somebody explain?

Glad to see this thread going strong. Whenever I need a comic relief I check out this thread.

Regards

martin said:
Arg..I did not get that one sorry. Can somebody explain?

Glad to see this thread going strong. Whenever I need a comic relief I check out this thread.

Regards

8MYRRSP

"Ate my RRSP"

The owner was obviously excited about getting it. :wink:

Back