• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

deleting abs on a street car??

Sorry to ask you more, but do i need to jump the 5 remaining yellow connectors as well? Thanks
Nope, literally the one single connector on the back of the unit on that round switch thing I circled, the rest you can just leave alone. That will make the pump never kick on so it stops working

Deleted mine many years ago and have no issues.IMG_20180311_151221.jpg

I would like to hear someone's experience on a ALB delete. I am planning to buy the ALB delete from S2carbonworks. I have no idea on the feedback for their delete kit.
Wondering if you’ve done the delete and how you like things. Does the ABS light remain off after doing so?

i have the SOS abs delete and had it installed two years ago. works like a charm. no abs light comes on. it's designed to work just like the stock unit. made one panic stop and it was completely a controlled stop. haven't had to make a panic stop in the rain though. definitely don't miss the constant clicking.

Didn't see what year you have. I am perhaps a rare exception, but in my opinion the first gen 92 abs is terrible. They did their best but it was just too early tech to work well. I once slid well into an intersection because of a little bit of loose road material. Scared the absolute hell out of me. For about 50-60 feet a had ZERO brakes! I have converted to the later version and do see how it certainly could be good in the rain IF you are trained to steer which i'm not sure i would do, but then again i don't even have wipers which tells you where i'm coming from (what? you can drive an early nsx in the rain?). I had another oh-shit moment with the OE Yoko's - in a moderate rain in a straight line the back of the car once jumped sideways on the freeway IMO due to the very large rear toe (which i like personally in the dry). A lot of early cars were wrecked. IMO if you drive in the rain for sure change to the later align settings. I find abs a little distracting on the track, but like said above if you EVER want to resale keep it, exercise it and change the fluid out often which is a pain. Not to be discouraging, but the "last parts on the planet" are drying up fast. Keep it as toy car perhaps?

If you ever plan on driving your NSX in wet conditions or live in a place where it can rain on you while you're out driving (like South Florida), I highly recommend keeping the ABS. I'm the last generation that learned to "pump the brakes" while skidding in the snow. I learned to race without ABS and eventually transitioned the technique of braking into the ABS for the corners as the technology made it into modern cars, though I don't push that hard on the NSX anymore. On the NSX, the ABS system buys you a few extra seconds of steering input that can mean the difference between a bad shunt or a close call. The newer system (OEM or AP1) is vastly better than the original system and much less intrusive. If you live in a place like Arizona where rain isn't a factor, I think deleting is fine. The brakes work exactly the same as they would with an ABS system (except when sliding, obviously)

JMO

If you ever plan on driving your NSX in wet conditions or live in a place where it can rain on you while you're out driving (like South Florida), I highly recommend keeping the ABS. I'm the last generation that learned to "pump the brakes" while skidding in the snow. I learned to race without ABS and eventually transitioned the technique of braking into the ABS for the corners as the technology made it into modern cars, though I don't push that hard on the NSX anymore. On the NSX, the ABS system buys you a few extra seconds of steering input that can mean the difference between a bad shunt or a close call. The newer system (OEM or AP1) is vastly better than the original system and much less intrusive. If you live in a place like Arizona where rain isn't a factor, I think deleting is fine. The brakes work exactly the same as they would with an ABS system (except when sliding, obviously)

JMO
Understood. I was stationed at JBLM, Washington back in 2009 after coming back from Iraq, and I know the feeling and experience of driving in the snow or a wet road. Whether you are using high performance tires, wet tires or premium radial, if you get too close from a vehicle ahead of you, or you over steer the car, and making correction depends on how quick your calculations are, can be a hit or miss. Bad things or a mishap can happen. I tend not to drive aggressively but more defensive and cautious. I have installed the ALB delete and so far I do not have brake issues. Braking power and response is there. The pedal feel or pressure remains the same. I feel like since switching to ceramic pads added some barking force. But thanks for your feedback.

Last edited:
Back