• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Describe the condition of your NSX using this 4-level scale

Is yours a 1, 2, 3 or 4?

Condition #1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best car, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the car has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 cars is "concours."

#2 cars could win a local or regional show. They can be former #1 cars that have been driven or have aged. Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, but will be able to find some not seen by the general public. The paint, chrome, glass and interior will all appear as excellent. No excessive smoke will be seen on startup, no unusual noises will emanate from the engine compartment. The vehicle will drive as a new car of its era would. The one word description for #2 cars is "excellent."

#3 cars could possess some, but not all of the issues of a #4 car, but they will be balanced by other factors such as a fresh paint job or a new, correct interior. #3 cars drive and run well, but might have some incorrect parts. These cars are not used for daily transportation but are ready for a long tour without excuses, and the casual passerby will not find any visual flaws. "Good" is the one word description of a #3 car.

#4 cars are daily drivers, with flaws visible to the naked eye. The chrome might have pitting or scratches, the windshield might be chipped. Paintwork is imperfect, and perhaps the fender has a minor dent. The interior could have split seams or a cracked dash. No major parts are missing, but the wheels could differ from the originals, or the interior might not be stock. A #4 car can also be a deteriorated restoration. "Fair" is the one word that describes a #4 car.

3.5. But I thought the nice word for that was "driver condition". Everything works and it's a beauty to behold, but it's for "racing not posting"

My 03 has seen 14500 miles. Came from Florida with 5 or 6 thousand miles and was bought by a friend who imported it to Canada. He kept it for a couple of years and sold it to me with 9300 miles three and a half years ago. It is parked in a temperature controlled garage most of the time and only sees sunny day cruises. It has had no apparent paint work, has a flawless interior, and works like a new car. A couple of rock chips are the only blemishes. I consider it a 1. It is detailed after every drive, and isn't even parked outside in the sun very often.

I have not, however changed the timing belt, water pump, or hoses yet, so I guess that makes it a 4! :rolleyes:

That's a tough one. I have one little scratch by the fuel door and my front lip has a few scuffs so I guess my car would be a 2+. Even the suspension is polished on my car.

2.2 mint and its also a daily driver but no visible flaws I wax and clean it so much I prob spend 5000 a year in cleaning crap. new terry cloth everytime its washed never used twice.
and I dog the shit outta it daily and it runs flawless, could get in my car and drive to Alaska if I wanted then turn around and drive back.

and all this and I 360' it in the rain the other day and slide onto a median like I was skatboarder rail sliding a ramp. not one scratch.
need new tires LOL

This looks like the same scale Haggerty uses for valuation of collector cars. The reality is most folks who think they own #1 cars probably have #2 cars. A "flawless" Concours caliber NSX is a very rare animal and generally not a driver at all but a 100% original museum piece.

This looks like the same scale Haggerty uses for valuation of collector cars. The reality is most folks who think they own #1 cars probably have #2 cars. A "flawless" Concours caliber NSX is a very rare animal and generally not a driver at all but a 100% original museum piece.
Exactly. I used #2 pricing when I bought my car. Note since Jan. my car has gone up in price $3100.

I'm going to give mine a strong 3. It wears some aftermarket parts, worng generation rims, some paint chips touched up in a less than professional manner, and some discoloration on the driver's seat inside bolster. I'm working to bring it up to a 2 eventually.

I've never seen a daily driver that is a 2. Doesn't mean it can't happen but it is a rare thing indeed. Also, modifications lower the grade. They don't raise it. Exception would be dealer-installed modifications that are documented as such. Since our cars are still in the grey area between used and collectable, appropriate modifications won't hurt the grade as much. Of course some modifications, like a Comptech supercharger or JRX or Moton suspension, may not help the car's grade but will certainly increase its value by a substantial amount.

Funny how grade systems never seem to depend on mileage. I guess that doesn't matter much when the car is being shown static.

Easy. A strong #2.
(Though most people think it's a #1.)

Last edited:
2 on Monday. 3 by Friday. Back to 2 over the weekend. :) I find if you keep a good coat of wax/sealant on it year round and wash occasionally, it is not that hard to maintain excellent appearance.

You aren't biased, your car is probably one of the few 1s out there.

jill61-603505-albums-emoticons-pic61295-th-smiley-two-thumbs-up.gif

I have personally restored 26 mid years Corvettes I've owned to NCRS Top Flight / Bloomington Gold standards, and my NSX is nearly as nice as those cars.

Based on the scale provided, my car is a 1.5.

Last edited:
Believe mine is a solid 2, and close to a 1 maybe. 01 with 12k miles, and always garaged. Simple means I'm not driving and enjoying her as much as I should. That will likely change this year. This car is almost like it came out of the showroom floor - previous owner treated it like a piece of artwork. I've done all of the up to date maintenance - she's perfect. Between hectic work schedule, a 7 year-old, and 3 other cars to drive, I'm simply not driving this wonderful automobile enough. Gonna change however :biggrin:

Back