• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Detailed: 1991 Acura NSX(Owner- Jacky)

Re: Yep, another one..full correction detail inside!

Good grief...absolutely awesome job! I wish I were in Fla to take advantage of your services.

Fantastic job!!! :smile:

If I had this same process done to my 7,000 mile 91 (red w/black top), what would I expect to pay for just the outside body detail? I know the price would vary based on several issues, but would like to get a "ball park" idea.
The condition of my paint is almost showroom quality but we've all seen showroom prep guys put faint spider marks in the paint. Thanks.

Phenomenal! I have never seen a detail job like that.

Curious, how long does the car hold its luster after such a detail job? To phrase it more clearly, how many wash/rain cycles before it noticeably looses it luster?

Phenomenal! I have never seen a detail job like that.

Curious, how long does the car hold its luster after such a detail job? To phrase it more clearly, how many wash/rain cycles before it noticeably looses it luster?

This is determined upon your washing methods. Basically the more you touch your car, the more chances you have a putting the scratches/swirls back into the finish. I always recommend the two-bucket method, using CLEAN high quality wash mitts, and a high quality waffle weave drying towel. I actually blow dry all of my cars with a leaf blower and then spot dry with my drying towel. Also constantly wiping your car with a quick detailer and an old MF towel will surely do the same.

Amazing work! How many miles on that car?

Fantastic job!!! :smile:

If I had this same process done to my 7,000 mile 91 (red w/black top), what would I expect to pay for just the outside body detail? I know the price would vary based on several issues, but would like to get a "ball park" idea.
The condition of my paint is almost showroom quality but we've all seen showroom prep guys put faint spider marks in the paint. Thanks.

Hey just got your message. Sorry I missed you, Ill shoot you a PM here later tonight. ;)

Yeah that job is sick! I've always wanted to use a method other than my hand but was to scared of burning my paint. Again cudos man!

Yeah that job is sick! I've always wanted to use a method other than my hand but was to scared of burning my paint. Again cudos man!

A porter cable is probably the best route for you to go, especially since you wont need anything more aggressive on the soft NSX paint. Just be sure to tape up the edges and just take your time and do it right! Good luck! ;)

Need any detailing help? I just moved to Gainesville and don't have a client base yet. Not enough time right now to devote to doing a full start up here either.

Nice work on the NSX!

I was trying to look for your polishing and cutting pads and the 3m products you posted but I can't find them. Can you show me where to find them?

Thank You

Last edited:
A porter cable is probably the best route for you to go, especially since you wont need anything more aggressive on the soft NSX paint. Just be sure to tape up the edges and just take your time and do it right! Good luck! ;)

Since I am a pure novice at detailing, I was wondering WHY do you tape off all of these areas? I am thinking you don't want the rubber parts to turn white, but I can't figure the metal to metal tape off. Please explain.

Since I am a pure novice at detailing, I was wondering WHY do you tape off all of these areas? I am thinking you don't want the rubber parts to turn white, but I can't figure the metal to metal tape off. Please explain.

I tape off any edges or moldings that could be burned from the buffing process. You would be surprised how quickly it can happen, no matter how careful you are. Some of it may be over kill, but better safe than sorry! ;)

I had about 24 hours into this detail. ;)

I often wondered how detailers can put so many hours into a job, but wonder no more. Inspired by detailing threads from Twanksta and JoshVette, I finally decided to purchase a Porter Cable and give it a go. Rather than learn on the NSX, I opted to practice on the Miata.

Wash, clay, two passes with different grades of swirl remover and I'm already15 hours into a detailing. Some of this was spent coming back to the computer and rewatching autogeek.net videos. Lookin' good so far, I figure I've got about 4 or 5 hours left to completion. Not quitting my day job.

Thanks for the inspiration, guys!

I often wondered how detailers can put so many hours into a job, but wonder no more. Inspired by detailing threads from Twanksta and JoshVette, I finally decided to purchase a Porter Cable and give it a go. Rather than learn on the NSX, I opted to practice on the Miata.

Wash, clay, two passes with different grades of swirl remover and I'm already15 hours into a detailing. Some of this was spent coming back to the computer and rewatching autogeek.net videos. Lookin' good so far, I figure I've got about 4 or 5 hours left to completion. Not quitting my day job.

Thanks for the inspiration, guys!

;) My average detail is in the 15 hour range and Ive spent as much as 32 hours on the exterior of an Audi. That is still not even pushing the limits of how much work can be invested into to a proper detail! ;) Glad your taking care of your vehicle, its worth it all in the end! Good luck!

Back