• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Detailed interior shots

Do you know where the power plug (formerly known as the cigarette lighter) is? Any chance it is on the headliner?

Thanks for the pictures. I bought two TLXs earlier this year and a lot of the controls and buttons bear uncanny resemblance to what we're seeing here on the NSX. Not entirely sure if that's good or bad. Anyway, while the TLX is generally good to drive other than the lack of a fully independent suspension at each corner, there's one thing that bothers me on that car that I'm worried will be repeated here with the NSX.

Using Acura's new push-button gear selectors, when you want to make a quick 3-point turn, there's an annoying lag between switching from Drive, to Reverse, and then back to Drive again. I hope they've figured out a way to dial that out on the NSX.

Thanks for the pictures. I bought two TLXs earlier this year and a lot of the controls and buttons bear uncanny resemblance to what we're seeing here on the NSX. Not entirely sure if that's good or bad.

I agree. However one major difference is the single screen in the NSX vs. the dual screens in the TLX. Since Honda has received much criticism directed at their dual screen layout, I'm guessing the single screen design in the NSX will eventually filter down to other models.

I agree. However one major difference is the single screen in the NSX vs. the dual screens in the TLX. Since Honda has received much criticism directed at their dual screen layout, I'm guessing the single screen design in the NSX will eventually filter down to other models.

I'm really happy with the two-screen layout. I drive the TLX a fair bit since it's the beater, but when I get into another car with only one screen I find it odd that the NAV isn't always showing. I'm only guessing of course but I suspect Acura didn't put two screens in the new NSX simply because there isn't enough dashboard real estate to allow for its implementation as they want to keep the cowl as low as possible to ensure maximum outward visibility.

In any case, the interior seems to look alright. Not as exotic as, say, a Huracan's interior or as raw as that of a Scuderia. But it's an Acura so it's going to share parts with other models whether we like it or not and at the end of the day it's meant to be a practical supercar. I quite like it. Hope they designed a nice keyfob to go with all this.

1. Thanks!
2. Looks pretty good!
3. I hope the leather arm rests on the door and center console are robust and don't become the "bolster wear" areas for the 2.0
4. Wouldn't that be great if those minty fresh car mats fit in ours!

The steering wheel controls are exactly the same as on the TLX.

djcojo9jnypnsoi95o6u.jpg

2015-Acura-TLX-Interior.jpg

Looks similar, but not same part at all.

how are they not the same part besides one has more aluminum, is flatter, and extended paddles... all just plug and play pieces. I want a unique steering wheel for this money. I have to admit this is really a turn off and hopefully is just a cheap quick solution so they can get the car out for touring.

Its almost insulting, Look at how badly the one screen fits into that space. The lines around it make it look like some cheap aftermarket job. Where the F is all the carbon and alcantara??? So much heavy, boring leather. I used to complain about the interior of the i8 looks too much like any other bmw, as well as the R8 and Gallardo, but this takes it. This is WAY too much like the TLX. And the split screen is a good thing that was in the TLX as SebringSilver pointed out. Also why would they remove the top screen when its really reminiscent of the NAVPOD... below the screen is really nice and clean

If this interior does not go over some drastic change or design touch ups then my dealer can kiss my order good bye.

how are they not the same part besides one has more aluminum, is flatter, and extended paddles... all just plug and play pieces. I want a unique steering wheel for this money. I have to admit this is really a turn off and hopefully is just a cheap quick solution so they can get the car out for touring.

Its almost insulting, Look at how badly the one screen fits into that space. The lines around it make it look like some cheap aftermarket job. Where the F is all the carbon and alcantara??? So much heavy, boring leather. I used to complain about the interior of the i8 looks too much like any other bmw, as well as the R8 and Gallardo, but this takes it. This is WAY too much like the TLX. And the split screen is a good thing that was in the TLX as SebringSilver pointed out. Also why would they remove the top screen when its really reminiscent of the NAVPOD... below the screen is really nice and clean

If this interior does not go over some drastic change or design touch ups then my dealer can kiss my order good bye.

They are the same layout, but not the same exact piece. It's probably going to be like that on all new gen Acuras. I reckon the scale and part number is different. The TLX has curve on the inside of the controls to match it's own steering wheel if you look at the closer details.

Sounds like you should go get your deposit back tho or just sell your position in the line.

- - - Updated - - -

Better Shots:

19902939173_d9aac5b45b_b.jpg

20497630576_19cd12c032_b.jpg

They are the same layout, but not the same exact piece. It's probably going to be like that on all new gen Acuras. I reckon the scale and part number is different. The TLX has curve on the inside of the controls to match it's own steering wheel if you look at the closer details.

Sounds like you should go get your deposit back tho or just sell your position in the line.

yea the shape of the border peice is slightly different, but im getting at that these are all the exact same cut button and controls.

but yes u are right, as much as i would not want to, i most definitely will if there is not much change before launch

- - - Updated - - -

2015-acura-nsx-detroit-auto-show.jpg

Like where the f*** did this interior go?!?!?! this is what i signed up for

not great fit and finish for a 160k car imo

Does anyone know if these truly are production representative, confirmed by Honda? At least in the 90s when I was in automotive, the interior bits seemed to constantly change up till the last minute, adjusting for fit and finish. Often "representative" bits were used even in the final pre-production cars in order to verify fit as quick a possible and not necessarily having the final material/coating/finish quality.

yea the shape of the border peice is slightly different, but im getting at that these are all the exact same cut button and controls.

but yes u are right, as much as i would not want to, i most definitely will if there is not much change before launch

I personally like the TLX steering wheel slightly better haha, but I think the new NSX interior is good looking and unique but that's just my opinion. It looks better when they tone down some of the chrome and triple-tones.

I personally like the TLX steering wheel slightly better haha, but I think the new NSX interior is good looking and unique but that's just my opinion. It looks better when they tone down some of the chrome and triple-tones.

Lol yea i def liked the TLX steering wheel too and in no way am i fan of shiny chrome stuff, but my thing is when i sit in my 150k+ vehicle, i dont want to be reminded of anything else, especially a 35k vehicle, except for the badge

- - - Updated - - -

the image i posted above was perfect, and it was functional, no need to change, even if the center screen was an ipad, idgaf

Last edited:
If you want to see a 360 degree view of the interior, just download the NSX app. It works great. You can see the glove box and rear speaker between the seats among other things that have not been seen before

Lol yea i def liked the TLX steering wheel too and in no way am i fan of shiny chrome stuff, but my thing is when i sit in my 150k+ vehicle, i dont want to be reminded of anything else, especially a 35k vehicle, except for the badge

- - - Updated - - -

the image i posted above was perfect, and it was functional, no need to change, even if the center screen was an ipad, idgaf

I get what you're saying as the steering wheel and interior is probably going to be in your line of sight more than the actual car. Perhaps they will update/upgrade the steering wheel in due time. I like the concept interior too, but I also like the new sculptured interior from the silver pieces. It's very well finished IMO especially in the details.

I say in sit in one before you make up your mind tho. I think you'll change your mind when it lights up and growls from the start up haha.

- - - Updated - - -

2015-acura-nsx-detroit-auto-show.jpg

Like where the f*** did this interior go?!?!?! this is what i signed up for

looks like it could be all options probably add another 10k to the price

I get what you're saying as the steering wheel and interior is probably going to be in your line of sight more than the actual car. Perhaps they will update/upgrade the steering wheel in due time. I like the concept interior too, but I also like the new sculptured interior from the silver pieces. It's very well finished IMO especially in the details.

I say in sit in one before you make up your mind tho. I think you'll change your mind when it lights up and growls from the start up haha.

lol this probably tru. And in the interior shots u posted it looks like they atleast tried to use some dry carbon fiber on the steering wheel but it still looks cheap and like its a clip on.

I jus feel like Acura almost gave up or something. Nissan was able to differentiate the interior of a gtr enough to where i dont feel like its just a maxima with two doors. the steering wheel is very different, even past the individual badge and blah blah blah u get the idea

- - - Updated - - -

looks like it could be all options probably add another 10k to the price

unfortunately here this is a completely different layout which means its extremely unlikely that this could b optioned. Center console stack,layout and rake are really different, doors are insanely different (idc if my passenger cant roll down their window) and the most obvious give away is air vent locations.

I would even pay 20k extra for this tho

Yes, the steering wheel is the weak point of interior right now. For those who say the fit and finish is lacking. Please remember that Honda designed the 458's interior and the 488 didn't change much. You can see the resemblance in detail:

458interior.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the steering wheel is the weak point of interior right now. For those who say the fit and finish is lacking. Please remember that Honda designed the 458's interior and the 488 didn't change much. You can see the resemblance in detail:

458interior.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

this is very tru, and im not saying the quality in the interior of the acura isnt there or wont hold up or whatev but i am saying that they clearly sort of gave up on somethings. Look at the air vents on both the ferrari and the concept interior, theyre a beautiful design. and the central theme line that runs all the way across the center of the ferrari is elegant and classy. which brings me to a point, the ferrari and the concept clearly had a design theme while these interior shots do not, which is also what makes me really hope that these were jus quick put together mules from a parts bin. the door handles, that shiny thing in front of the passengr, the awful center screen all just look so out of place

if i was part Acura's R&D team and they came to me with that and said finished, I wouldve poured gasoline inside, lit a match, thrown it in and told them to start over

Last edited:
I jus feel like Acura almost gave up or something.

Ha, wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall during the last year of Ted's planning & status meetings? Who knows how many recent design changes for thermal management or other things may have required shifting budget from certain "wants" to the "musts," possibly trading some interior refinement for must-have hardware while trying to keep the price near a certain mark. I think I read this book in one day, as it became my fly on the wall 6 years after the fact, unmasking a bunch of behind-the-scene things I lived thru at the time but was left mystified as to why Ford did them with the Taurus: BOOK

Please remember that Honda designed the 458's interior and the 488 didn't change much. You can see the resemblance in detail:

458interior.jpg

Is that really true? I had no idea and find that fascinating! The seamed/sewn trim line at the dashboard beltline certainly look similar. Is that really true?

I find it a but humorous for lack of a better way of saying it over how many opportunities were overlooked to carry over some of the 1.0's DNA. I love the "ring" that carries over from the door to the windshield/dash interface and over to the other door in our cars. Maybe that was a trendy thing at the time, because the 300ZX and Ford Probe had the similar thing. Even the Regular Car Review guy on Youtube recognized that and seemed to like it. You can see how that pattern seems to start at the passenger door and carries over into the dash but then abruptly ends at the defroster vent. I'm left wondering whether it's a result of either there purposefully being no real priority placed on paying some homage to the 1.0, or if the designers really weren't all that familiar with the 1.0 or "passionate" enough about it to look for those opportunities.

Ha, wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall during the last year of Ted's planning & status meetings? Who knows how many recent design changes for thermal management or other things may have required shifting budget from certain "wants" to the "musts," possibly trading some interior refinement for must-have hardware while trying to keep the price near a certain mark. I think I read this book in one day, as it became my fly on the wall 6 years after the fact, unmasking a bunch of behind-the-scene things I lived thru at the time but was left mystified as to why Ford did them with the Taurus

Too tru, that's why I feel like it. Probably had too many changes, got tired of pushing it back so this is what we were left with

Back