• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DFW Group Drive 1/22/06.

Argh - I vote to keep it on Sunday as planned. Way too much manipulation has gone into me getting that morning to myself to change it now. :biggrin:

No rain in 10 months - I like our odds for Sunday.

I vote possibly next sunday...not smart sports cars and rain....I dunno,Hell my car is already dirty, I could just skip cleaning it.....:biggrin:

Guys, plan for sunday is still ON, I am tracking the weather every hour and it did clear up a bit in the morning.
Next sunday is pretty bad too, so start praying oki !
No matter what ! we're still out for coffee at starbucks...

BRENT,
You've mail

Last edited:
I will throw something else into the mix here prefaced by I am still not sure with what I will be able to do.

But that show street fury that comes on G4/Tech TV with the world's best host :wink: Big C is going to be doing a show in Dallas this weekend.

I had saw the info on the di.net page that they were looking for cars, we'll I sent them my info and they told me to be in the Dallas-Garland area around noon for taping starting at 1:30.

I have heard it may be at Jotech, Mike you could probably verify that. They wanted my cell and said they would let me know the final details.

When I replied back to them with my contact info today I asked if they were interested in other NSXs as well.

Dont know if that is something any of yall would be interested in as well. I also asked if it was a rain or shine deal.

Damn weather.:mad:

Doesn't rain for months, then who would have thunk?

btw, Todd(leftlane)- I thought you lived in S.A. When did you move to Big D?

This is a pic from a charity drive we did with the Prowler Owners Club for a little boy with Lukimea(?), the drive was from DFW to Lawton, OK...as you can see severe weather got to us, we had 13 Prowlers in the thunderstorm, it was wild...but we managed and at the end it was all worth it.

Attachments

• patrick09.jpg
    patrick09.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 67
NSXLuvr said:
Damn weather.:mad:

Doesn't rain for months, then who would have thunk?

btw, Todd(leftlane)- I thought you lived in S.A. When did you move to Big D?

Good memory - I moved to Dallas last April for work. Wish I still had my NSX, but the 911 is fun too.

Guys - our cars won't melt in the rain. I see clear skies and lots of sun anyway - even though we need the rain big time. I will be at Starbucks at 7:30, with my digital camera and my Starbucks gift card, and I'm even bringing a friend who weaseled a hall pass. I hope a lot of you guys show up too, even all the way from Tyler.

Todd,

me and non melting NSX will be there for the trek. We can just drive away from the rain.:biggrin:

I just detailed my NSX, so if it rains blame it on me!! I will be there, and my buddy with the C5 will also....Screw the rain, it will be fun!!! :biggrin:

OK:biggrin: so who is coming?

I just came across this string, and am happy to see we have a presence here in Dallas. I've owned mine for about 48 hours now, and am thrilled at the thought of riding with the local pack. However, I think my first wet-weather driving experience should be a bit closer to home, and at my own pace. I'll catch you guys next time for sure.

I'm out. Just got back from working a tractor trailer wreck/fuel spill in Irving until 2am, so there is no way I will be getting up intime to make it from Ft. Worth. Have to love being on call :mad: and the weather is looking like it is fixing to get pretty nasty over here.

Ya'll have fun and be careful to those who go!

Unfortunately, I agree. I'm in Flower Mound too,and it's been pouring here for a good 2 hours (4:23 am). I've been up most of the night with sick kids, and I'm wiped. I'm bummed, but I won't be making it out either. Damn - my arm hurts from the waxing I did last night, all for nothing. :mad:

NSXLuvr - I hope you check this board before leaving Tyler.

BlkEvil - thanks for the attempt. :wink: I'd still be very interested in another GTG when it's sunny out.

Still raining here...Euless....let's reshedule and try again...:frown:

Well guys, 2 NSX's(me and Evoking) and 2 s2000's showed up. We had coffee and left. I went to the porsche store and checked out the cayman. Then I went back to sis-in-law's place.

Todd, thanks for looking out for me, but I got here last night.:frown:

may be next time.

Whats up, damn i shouldve checked the board before going but im glad i went. Nice NSX's. Heres some pictures....

NSX S2000 Right.JPG

NSX 2000 Left.JPG

NSX S2000 Front.JPG

NSX S2000 Rear.JPG

Yellow NSX.JPG

Yellow NSX spin.JPG

Manhandler, nice photography. That was a spontaneous donut I pulled and you actually got a good shot complete with my wife's coat belt hanging out of the door! Anyhow, it was actually fun in the rain. Why do you think so many car commercials show the car carving up rainy canyon road.

The rest of us locals should be ashamed. All that trash talk about our cars not melting etc. NSXLuvr made a 2 hour drive up from Tyler the nigh before for the meet. If I wouldn't have shown up he would have been completely alone. Bad impression of the Dallas NSX'ers.

Evoking said:
The rest of us locals should be ashamed. All that trash talk about our cars not melting etc.

Guilty as charged. But NSXLuver was looking for any reason to drive his car for a few hours anyway - don't feel too bad for him. :biggrin:

Back