• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Did calipers today

^Oh that's not good to hear. Do you know of one that doesn't do this with higher temperature resistance and much tougher? Good job, Demigod.

Thanks for your posts guys. Just curious Netviper how long has your calipers been painted and how has the paint held up over that period?

Demi,

Awesome project! Can you pls post do a DIY in the future? I'm sure a lot of folks here would be interested...

Good JOB!

It makes a little bit difference in look, but man, i was tire from having to take all the wheels off (one by one,) painted the calipers, and put them back on.

jagtiger said:
Demi,

Awesome project! Can you pls post do a DIY in the future? I'm sure a lot of folks here would be interested...

Good JOB!

Thanks Jag. The way I did it was, just like T Bell said ..after you take off the rim you want to clean off the caliper with a solvent, mine weren't that dirty so it was fairly quick. I bought the Blue masking tape from Home Depot so it doesn't leave any sticky stuff after you peel it off. I took some of those plastic grocery bags and cut it down one side and just put it over the rotors with the blue tape, taping around the caliper at the same time. I put newspaper over suspension and in wheel well, and hung some towels over the body of the car so no overspray would hit it. Also threw down some newspapers on the garage floor. I guess thats about it..as long as you tape off the caliper and cover everything you should be ok.

Last edited:
LeftLane said:
Looks good demigod - it would look sweet if you used a Dremel to polish off the NSX logo and make it bright aluminum...

Thanks for the suggestion LeftLane. I might end up painting the NSX logo Black, I seen this on Ramon's car and I liked the look of it. :)

NeoNSX said:
Now i know how you got your username. :D :D :D

Looks absolutely GREAT demigod! Are you going to print a little "NSX" on the calipers?

Thanks for the kind words Neo. Yep, on the raised NSX logo I'm just gonna paint ontop of it Black so it stands out. ;)

demigod said:
Thanks for your posts guys. Just curious Netviper how long has your calipers been painted and how has the paint held up over that period?

To be honest, they were painted when I bought the car. That was a year and 7 months ago and they still look great.

NetViper said:
To be honest, they were painted when I bought the car. That was a year and 7 months ago and they still look great.

What color are your calipers painted? I am looking to paint mine and was deciding between black or red, and noticed your car is white also. My car is white/black combo and I want a nice look that holds up. Opinions?

Back