• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

did my yearly detail last weekend

and finally got around to getting the pics off the camera

a couple of before shots

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

this stuff is awesome, I've been using it for close to a year and that's all I've needed, only 2 capfuls for every gallon of water
05.jpg

the rest of my detailing shizzle
IMG_0015.jpg

claybar
06.jpg

07.jpg

taping off rubber seals so I don't get compound in it
08.jpg

my dog was hanging out
10.jpg

11.jpg

buffer time
09.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

cleaning the wheels
16.jpg

after pics
17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

Just beautiful. Man, wish I had the patience for this. I have a brand spankin' new buffer and detail kit received for Christmas. Need to bust it out. Approx how much time did you spend on her?

Jeff

Great Job and beautiful results on your X!

How long did it take?

Why did you use so much wax/compound/polish on your pad? You should only use about a quarter size...that is why you have so much splatter on your back window. A little product goes a long way and let the product do the work.

Yesterday I was working on my motorcycle (after its custom paint job last year) and it took me 3 hours just to work on the front end.

The results are certainly worth all of the hard work! (Jeff :wink:)

I tried to de-swirl my black roof today and the orange pad was WAY too abrasive and made it worse. i switched to a black one and got all the new scuffs out and cleaned up the rest of the roof.

I was surprised though since I used an orange one on my entire TL to de-swirl it and had no problem. The clear on the NSX is like butter it seems in comparison.

Back