• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Died under power

I was having intermitent starting problems. I replaced the main relay (http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123633) here. It ran great except for an EPS light after I installed the new main relay. I pulled the clock fuse which got rid of the light for a few days. This morning I was traveling at about 50 MPH and the EPS light came back on and about 30 seconds later the car died at speed. The tach and speedo went to zero, but the radio kept working. I pulled off to the side of the road and it would start for just second then die. It did this for about 10 tries then it stayed runnig and about 5 miles later it stuttered under power, but kept running and the TCS light came on. The intermitent starting problem is what it did before the new main relay. Is it possible I got a bad main relay? Some had suggested an ignition switch for the first problem. I have one, does anyone think that could be it?

Thanks.

Last edited:
My parts guy seemed a little confused. I have a 95, does this look like the right part?

Attachments

• NSXPRIME.jpg
    NSXPRIME.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 71
Well, I changed out the ignition switch. All the threads about how tough it is to get the knee bolster off are hillarious. If you can't pop that thing off in 30 seconds you need to hit the gym. Contorting myself to change out the ignition switch was much harder. I took the car for about a 50 mile drive around town and made a bunch of stops at different stores. Each time it started right up and never once died or had a sporatic idle. Looks like my problem was the ignition switch and not the main relay. Although, it could have been both I guess.

Thanks.

Back