• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Differences in the BBSC 3.0 & 3.2 L kits !?!?

To all the BBSC guru's,

I'm seriously considering picking up a used BBSC (excellent shape) which was made for late model (2000 i believe) 3.2's to install on my 1991 3.0 NSX. Is this a good idea in general. What hardware (or anything else) will I need to successfully make the conversion work ? And can it be purchased or will I need to custom fabricate it. Thanks a lot! :)

PS: Not worried about engine managment too much as I'm going to use an AEM. (with 440cc inj)

...I would appreciate any advice, comments, concerns on any of this; I'm kind of going into it blindly...thanks again.

NSXTASY_MD said:
To all the BBSC guru's,

I'm seriously considering picking up a used BBSC (excellent shape) which was made for late model (2000 i believe) 3.2's to install on my 1991 3.0 NSX. Is this a good idea in general. What hardware (or anything else) will I need to successfully make the conversion work ? And can it be purchased or will I need to custom fabricate it. Thanks a lot! :)

PS: Not worried about engine managment too much as I'm going to use an AEM. (with 440cc inj)

...I would appreciate any advice, comments, concerns on any of this; I'm kind of going into it blindly...thanks again.

Use 550cc inj, you will likely run out of fuel with the 440s at high RPM. Good choice on the AEM.

Armando

The hardware is the same for a 3.0L vs a 3.2L engine. Additionally, if you plan on the AEM, then it is even more a moot point. Go for it.

Re: Re: Differences in the BBSC 3.0 & 3.2 L kits !?!?

MiamieNeSeX said:
Use 550cc inj, you will likely run out of fuel with the 440s at high RPM. Good choice on the AEM.

Armando

really? My car still runs rich even up high..@ 6.4 psi that is...

Re: Re: Re: Differences in the BBSC 3.0 & 3.2 L kits !?!?

peiserg said:
really? My car still runs rich even up high..@ 6.4 psi that is...

Agreed that 440s are adequate for 6 lbs once you boost a bit more you will see the need for the larger injectors, anyways is always safer to run them at a lower duty cycle usually more feasable with larger injectors.

Armando

Is there anything I need to be concerned with; with respect to the "hardware" of the BBSC kits ? Whats their weak "link" if any ?

Back