• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DING REMOVAL

I have a ding in the passenger door around the same spot where a door handle would would be. Paint is undamaged. It looks like it can be pushed out. However, is this something that can be fixed properly? (meaning that I wont see a wave in the area)? What questions do I ask a body shop and where should I take it - should I call Mercedes Benz for example and ask where they get damage repaired on incoming new vehicles - which sometimes happpens? Or is it best to just leave the ding there?

A good dent wizard is a friend indeed. most not all dents can be worked out by the experienced person. asking a dealer is a good idea,expect to pay around 50-60$ per ding.

Aluminum is definitely tougher to handle since it is more flexible than steel. I've got a dent on my left fender 2 months ago and Dent Wizard in Mass. cured the problem. They've warned me before the job saying it might not come out as well since it's aluminum. I decided to take the risk since I would have to replace a new fender if they don't fix it. The result is very satisfying, it might not be 100% perfect but it's at least 95% identical to the original shape.

------------------
'98-T Kaiser Silver/Black

What do you think they could do with this? anything?
Note: you have to have your screen in 32 bit color to really see it well.

dentcloseup.jpg

[This message has been edited by NetViper (edited 19 May 2002).]

Netviper,
It's always worth a try but it's going to be extremely hard in your case to get it perfect. The damage at the rear by the wheel opening and at the curve by the duct are the two big problems in this crease. It depends on the skill of the individual and they do vary from tech to tech.
You really have nothing to lose. I doubt it would be worse.
I've seen higher prices than whats been mentioned though. $75.00 - $100 for the first dent(panel). $75.00-$50.00 for the second etc..

Originally posted by pbassjo:
You really have nothing to lose. I doubt it would be worse.

Also, the dent repair guy will tell you what he can, and can't, do with it. If he can't do anything with it, he probably won't even charge you anything for coming out to take a look at it. So you have nothing to lose by asking.

Originally posted by pbassjo:
I've seen higher prices than whats been mentioned though. $75.00 - $100 for the first dent(panel). $75.00-$50.00 for the second etc..

That's what I've seen, too. If you have a bunch of dents, then it can approach $50 each, but not for the first one or two.

You guys get in your cars and drive them to John Richards at Dent Works(Anytime Racing) in Camarillo, CA. I watched him perform a dent removal on an NSX the other night. He is an "Artist" and has great form as well. Props for John

You guys get in your cars and drive them to John Richards at Dent Works(Anytime Racing) in Camarillo, CA. I watched him perform a dent removal on an NSX the other night.

That was MY NSX that John performed his magic on the other night (thanks again if you're reading this). There's absolutely no trace of the only door ding that my NSX has ever received.

Kinda cool having a friend and fellow NSXer who just happens to be in the dent removal biz...cuz you KNOW he'll treat NSXs with the respect they deserve. Now to bring him my Civic....

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 20 May 2002).]

Back