• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dishwasher Kaput.. Anyone happy with thiers? Looking for recommendations :)

Requirements: Quiet and stainless steel, and of course it needs to clean really well.

Our other appliances are GE Monogram, but dishwasher can be different since it's out of sight.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

I been using BOSH the quietist i found and you can pickup @ very good price from lowes.

good luck
Ravi
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

this what i have Bosh SHU-6802UC SHU 6802UC 46DB

Last edited:
I have this one:

http://www.kitchenaid.com/flash.cmd?/#/product/KUDE40FXSP/

Like most high end dishwashers they are so quiet you have to check to see if it's even working.

This one attracted my eyes since it has a built in garbage disposer. So in other words I never have to rinse any solvable food off or have the dog lick it clean. Just pick away stuff like bones and shells toss in there.

Also, have you thought about 2 drawer dishwashers. that seems to be the style these days where one drawer would have the dirty dishes and the other would be clean dishes and it would alternate so that you won't need to load the the dishes to and from the cabinets.

Practical IMHO.

http://www.kitchenaid.com/flash.cmd?/#/category/121/

+1 on BOSCH. Super quiet.

With appliances in general:

I have horrible experiences with Maytag. Not great experiences with GE and Whirlpool. Middle of the road experiences with Samsung and LG. And GREAT experiences with Bosch; although it will cost you.

Last edited:
I also went with a Bosch. Mad quiet!!

And also got it from Lowe's. After comparing everyone else's prices, including delivery and hookup, Lowe's was the one to go with. It was insane how much Home Depot wanted for delivery, hookup, AND hoses.

As the OP let me say, I have a Bosch SHX46B05UC/14 and hated it since day one. Worked ok, but cleaned just OK too. Quiet yes, but our friends put two in their vacation homes and I also hear them complain that it doesn't clean all that well.

The two drawer idea sounds interesting.

Keep'em coming folks, I plan to research the responses and it'll probably help others too. Thanks.

Last edited:
As the OP let me say, I have a Bosch SHX46B05UC/14 and hated it since day one. Worked ok, but cleaned just OK too. Quiet yes, but our friends put two in their vacation homes and I also hear them complain that it doesn't clean all that well.

The two drawer idea sounds interesting.

Keep'em coming folks, I plan to research the responses and it'll probably help others too. Thanks.

I have the best ideas............ :biggrin:

I have this one:

http://www.kitchenaid.com/flash.cmd?/#/product/KUDE40FXSP/

Like most high end dishwashers they are so quiet you have to check to see if it's even working.

This one attracted my eyes since it has a built in garbage disposer. So in other words I never have to rinse any solvable food off or have the dog lick it clean. Just pick away stuff like bones and shells toss in there.

Also, have you thought about 2 drawer dishwashers. that seems to be the style these days where one drawer would have the dirty dishes and the other would be clean dishes and it would alternate so that you won't need to load the the dishes to and from the cabinets.

Practical IMHO.

http://www.kitchenaid.com/flash.cmd?/#/category/121/

this is not made by KitchenAid...it's made by Fisher & Paykel.
I have experienced mixed build quality and bad warranty repair.
If you get it...GOOD LUCK :wink:

Bosch - problems - never again.

They are quiet & especially quiet after they've broken.

I have a Bosch and it has worked extremely well since I bought it six years ago. Every once in a great while a few things come out looking dirty, which tells me I need to pull out the filter in the bottom of it to clean out the dirt, after which it cleans great again. It's also very quiet. I remember deciding among various models (including various Bosch models) when I was picking out appliances, and the salesman told me that most of what you get when you choose a more expensive model over a less expensive one is that the more expensive one is usually significantly quieter.

Wow it seems like its a 50/50 chance with a Bosch! I hope mine doesn't break. My teenage daughters abuse this thing too. They do a load every other day for a family of 5 and this DW is going on 4 years now and it still looks great and performs rigorous duty.

When I remodeled my kitchen I went and researched all the appliances and ended up getting a Maytag French Door Refer, Kitchen Aide Stove top & Convection Oven, GE Profile Convection Microwave, and the Bosch Diswasher. All were no.1 picks at the time. I bought a 5 year warranty with all of them and so far I haven't needed it on anything.

I just happen to have the latest Consumer Reports kitchen appliance magazine right next to me.

For stainless steel dish washers, the top recommendation is:
Bosch SHX65PO[5]UC

As for the top recommended models that you don't see any models at the bottom of the list, you see a lot of Bosch, KitchenAid, and LG.

Kenmore has some top models, but they also have some at the bottom too.

Funny, but..

"..if you think you'll save energy by washing your dishes in the sink, think again. According to a 2004 study at the University of Bonn in Germany, the most energy-efficient dishwashers consume only one-sixth as much water and half as much energy as hand washing. "

-Consumer Reports

" In June 2010, after receiving about a dozen reports of dishwashers catching fire, Maytag Corp. initiated a recall of about 1.7 million units with plastic tubs and a heated dry cycle. Included in the recall are certain Maytag, Amana, Jenn-Air, Admiral, Magic Chef, Performa and Crosley dishwashers, all of which are manufactured by Maytag. More information -- and a list of affected serial numbers -- can be found on the Maytag website. http://repair.maytag.com."

-Consumer Reports Sept 2010

"Bosch has cleaned up its act with respect to reliability. In the past, this brand was prone to more repairs than others, but the most recent data suggest that Bosch's commitment to improvement is paying off. Although Kenmore Elite gets the highest ratings for overall customer satisfaction in the survey at J.D. Power and Associates, Bosch is a close second."

Consumer Reports Sept 10

Another vote for GE monogram.

I had a profile and it was noisy as hell. Monogram is MUCH better.

we have bosch and just now after 3.5 years of daily use it is starting to leave some soap residue on plastic and the heating is decreasing, on the dry cycle leaving some wet dishes.So time to read up on the manual:frown:

just got a Stainless Steel whirlpool installed 3 months ago. happy with it. it quiet enough.

I looked at bosch i found the tray didnt really fix my dishes. the fingers are really tight together. some of our square or larger disch will not fit.

Back