• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dispute Settled over 2002 Yellow NSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all seeking interest in this car I would like you to know what I went through after purchasing this car. JH4NA21642T000083 http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84406

1. I this bought car that I was told that it came with a 7yr/100k extended warranty but when I took delivery of the car and paid in full I found that there was no extended warranty ever purchased from the seller. I had talked with the local Acura Dealer and they said WARRANTY had Expired and no Extended Warranty was ever purchased. I took the car in for serive due to an electrical problem and a bad antenna.

2. I had to also install 4 new tires and do an alignment when I picked up the car because the rears were showing metal and the front were the wrong sizes which damages the wheel well covers and the inside is showing metal due to the rubbing.

3. I demanded a refund over the warranty issue. After going back and forth I got him to take the car back after pursuing legal actions and he gave me a full refund for the purchase price, but did not reimburse me for the tires and alignment.

If you would like more info about the car or seller please feel free to contact me via prime.

To all seeking to SELL a car to this BUYER, I would like you to know what I went through after selling this car.

1. After the sale, the buyer demanded I pay him $3500 for a service contract (which is a bumper to bumper warranty) for which HE STATED HE ASSUMED was the Certified 7yr/100K (powertrain only) extended warranty I have on the ad. Buyer threatened legal action after 1st phone call if I did not pay $3500 or take the car back. I offered him $1000 which he refused

After a second phone call, buyer stated my car was not Certified and thus did not have the 7yr/100k powertrain warranty. I told buyer this car was sold to me by an Acura dealership who sold me the car as a Certified car. I called the Acura dealership and was told the car was originally set up to be certified car but somehow the paperwork was not processed and that no reason could be given. I then called Acura Client Services, and they stated the same. I have since spoken to the used car manager who is speaking with the General manager of the store to try to resolve this. Since this issue regarding the Certified warranty was still pending, I offered the buyer $1500 in addition to fixing the antenna (even though car was sold as is), he refused again.

See buyer’s own post asking about extended warranty, most people paid $2000, one person paid $999 (yet he asked me for $3500). This is for a service contract (bumper to bumper) warranty which is even more comprehensive than a Certified warranty which I have listed on the ad.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43649

At this point, I found out buyer had placed a hold on two checks totaling $40500. In essence, buyer took my car for over 1 week without ever paying me in full. At this time, I agreed to take the car back since he was not going to take the $1500 for the warranty or release the hold on my checks.

2. Since I was taking the car back, I asked for my original tires to be put back on. At first refusing and demanding that I pay for his new tires, he later told me it was done. However when I picked up the car, only my 2 front tires were the original ones, the 2 rears were not my original tires. In fact, the left and right sides were not even the same size (and different brands), one side was 255/40/19, the other was 225/40/19, while my original size was 275/40/19 on BOTH sides. Why would I pay for his new tires that I did not receive? Especially when I did not even receive my originals back. Also, the alignment was done at the Acura dealership right before I sold the car, so I was not going to pay for another one.

For anyone interested in my car, since the issue of the certified warranty is still in question with the selling dealership, the car is being sold as is. In the 2+ years I have had the car, I have never experienced any electrical problems (or any problems for that matter), so I have no idea what the buyer is talking about.

To all seeking to SELL a car to this BUYER, I would like you to know what I went through after selling this car.

1. After the sale, the buyer demanded I pay him $3500 for a service contract (which is a bumper to bumper warranty) for which HE STATED HE ASSUMED was the Certified 7yr/100K (powertrain only) extended warranty I have on the ad. Buyer threatened legal action after 1st phone call if I did not pay $3500 or take the car back. I offered him $1000 which he refused

After a second phone call, buyer stated my car was not Certified and thus did not have the 7yr/100k powertrain warranty. I told buyer this car was sold to me by an Acura dealership who sold me the car as a Certified car. I called the Acura dealership and was told the car was originally set up to be certified car but somehow the paperwork was not processed and that no reason could be given. I then called Acura Client Services, and they stated the same. I have since spoken to the used car manager who is speaking with the General manager of the store to try to resolve this. Since this issue regarding the Certified warranty was still pending, I offered the buyer $1500 in addition to fixing the antenna (even though car was sold as is), he refused again.

See buyer’s own post asking about extended warranty, most people paid $2000, one person paid $999 (yet he asked me for $3500). This is for a service contract (bumper to bumper) warranty which is even more comprehensive than a Certified warranty which I have listed on the ad.

At this point, I found out buyer had placed a hold on two checks totaling $40500. In essence, buyer took my car for over 1 week without ever paying me in full. At this time, I agreed to take the car back since he was not going to take the $1500 for the warranty or release the hold on my checks.

2. Since I was taking the car back, I asked for my original tires to be put back on. At first refusing and demanding that I pay for his new tires, he later told me it was done. However when I picked up the car, only my 2 front tires were the original ones, the 2 rears were not my original tires. In fact, the left and right sides were not even the same size (and different brands), one side was 255/40/19, the other was 225/40/19, while my original size was 275/40/19 on BOTH sides. Why would I pay for his new tires that I did not receive? Especially when I did not even receive my originals back. Also, the alignment was done at the Acura dealership right before I sold the car, so I was not going to pay for another one.

For anyone interested in my car, since the issue of the certified warranty is still in question with the selling dealership, the car is being sold as is. In the 2+ years I have had the car, I have never experienced any electrical problems (or any problems for that matter), so I have no idea what the buyer is talking about.

First of all I never demanded $3500 back for a warranty you stated it had. In front of 3 other people viewing the car one being your friend whom also acknowleged this knew what you said was an extended warranty. I ask for a fair compensation back for the warranty as my original offer was including an Extended Warranty you stated verbally and written. As a previous owner of an 2000 NSX I have done extensive research with dealerships to aquire a Factory Extended Warranty and the quotes were provided at $3200-$3500.

I have been compelely utmost professional and held my end of deal with payment when even afters 4 weeks of the original transaction I still have not received the pink slip.

In regards to the check holds, yes I did state that I placed a hold on the checks but this was never done due to additional fees I would incur from the bank. So payment was paid in full out of good faith and per our sign contract. With that said you as the seller "Breech Contract" and I had no choice but to seek legal actions

In regards to the 2 rear tires, no tire shop would keep tires showing wires as this is useless and in my buisness (Intermodal) is completely unsafe, and to reuse them is completely unacceptable to do so. Selling a car with completely bald tires and asking me to put them back on tells me that you are a person with no concern for safety of others.

In regards to the alignment, after installing 4 new Toyo F1R a proper alignment was necessary. Here are the specs before and after for the rear. RL -2.3 before after -2.0 camber RR -3.6 before after -2.7 camber Rear Total TOE before -1.37 after .36. So if an alignment was done recently then your car wouldnt have been this off nor would the rear tires show worn to the metal.

If you have done an alignment hopefully you can show proof in the future, but because of your background in the "used car sales business", I would assume you would know what you are selling and what a car of this magnitude would have prior to offering it regardless if it is a extended warranty or an alignment.

The Fact of the Matter is that you Breech Contract and I was sincerely willing to work this out but for $1500, no one would accept that offer as a engine or transmission repair will constitue a cost 2 to 3 times that amount.

First of all, I think you contradicted yourself twice on your msg, there is a fault on the antenna which would not go down after the car is off. That is an electrical problem. Also you never stated fixing the antenna and offering $1500, you just offered $1500

2nd, You told me to take my new tires off because you didnt want to pay for them and you noted that quote"Why would I pay for his new tires that I did not receive?"unquote

Here are copies of the Bill of Sale and the Termination of the Bill of Sale. Along with the agreed purchase price of $56,500

Attachments

• bos.jpg
    bos.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 92
  • bos2.jpg
    bos2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 83
Geezzzz, that is why one must do the deal in writing, with all terms and conditions clearly spelled out and both parties signing.

As to the 4 bald tires with "metal" showing...what, didn't you look at the tires before you bought the car? If I saw that I would likely walk away from the car as possibly indicative of overall car care and maintenance or lack thereof and 2, if I ignored 1, (not bloody likely) I would have figured the cost of tires and alignment into the purchase price accordingly. Caveat Emptor my friend.

Personally, I paid $1K for the Acura bumper to bumper extended warranty on an Acura Certified NSX, to take it to 7 years/100K miles. I do not know anyone paying $3,500 for a warranty on a 2000 NSX unless they just have more money than brains- HHHHMMMMM....... no, never mind.

Your so called "extensive research" and quotes obtained for an extended warranty in the range of $3200-3500 is bull.

See quote from username "the kid" (sales manager at Bridgewater Acura)

He states, "That price is a rip-off the warranty should cost you roughly $1850, If the car was being sold under the certified progran the warranty cost the dealer about $895. nyways the warranty can be purchased thu any acura dealer so if you want pm me; ill do it for a couple of bucks over cost"

Also, you claim that you never asked for $3500 but only wanted a fair compensation but when I offered to settle for $1500 you refused.

Again, and because I only advertised for the certified program, $1500 was more than fair. You are only bitter because YOU ASSUMED it was the bumper to bumper warranty that comes with purchasing an additional extended service contract (never did I verbally and/or in writing state that I had this add'l coverage).

Re: your self proclaimed "professionalism", do you really think you handled it professionally when you had possession of my car for over a week, yet told me NOT to cash the checks because you had placed a hold on it. Or the time when you blatantly lied about having my "ORIGINAL tires back on". BTW, let me remind you that my ad clearly stated it needed the rear tires replaced. The only reason why the tires were beginning to show metal (only on the inner sides) was due to the camber with the car being lowered. Anyone with a lowered NSX will tell you the camber wears out the tires exceptionally quick on the inner sides relative to the outer parts. (But shouldnt you already know that. You said you were a previous NSX owner). Oh and speaking of concern for safety, I hardly doubt anyone would agree that by YOU putting 225 width tires on a 9.5" rim (designated for 275 and 285 width) would be deemed safe, let alone having it be different sizes on right and left.

Furthermore, the first time you looked at the car was on 3/10. At that time, i had just posted the car for sale so I informed you I did not have the title yet (was going to pay off the car first myself and get title). I also informed you that as soon as I received the title I would then transfer the car and title over to you in exchange for the agreed upon payment in full. Two weeks later, on 3/24, YOU called me and SUGGESTED you'd buy the car that day fully knowing that I did not have the title. All in all, from the time you supposedly paid me in full which was on 3/24 (for checks you told me I could not cash) up to the time I took the car back on 4/3, was only an interim of 9 days. And NOT the so-called 4 weeks you're claiming it has taken to get title.

Oh, and you can call South Coast Acura and pull up the VIN to verify that the alignment was recently completed on 11/10/2006

Lastly, get your facts straight, I was never a "used car salesman".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back