• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dive Equipment in an NSX

Just wondering if anyone ever put a whole set of diving equipment for 1 ppl in the NSX (including Tank).
I think it'll all fit (BC, fins, tank) easily, just that I'm very uneasy putting the tank in the trunk so probably that'll have to be on the passenger seat area.

Cheers .. Gus

Hey Gus, I wouldn't want that thing next to me if I were in an accident. It'll be ok in the trunk. Better to have it back there for safety reason.
Remember, always keep breathing. :biggrin:

I never tried, I always just used my boxvan + I can change in the back very easily because I can stand up, don't have to worry about dust, dirt, rocks, miles, gas(burns reg.):biggrin:

I have seen a few tanks blow off sitting at a dock. Really wasn't that big a deal. I'd rather take a chance of losing a tank of air than have that thing get tossed across the cabin after getting hit in an accident. It really depends on how long the tank is going to live in the trunk for your trip. I wouldn't worry about it if I were driving an hour or so. Unless of course your favorite dive spot is in the Mohave. That thing in flight could take an eye out. :biggrin:
"It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye!":biggrin:

I've never seen a tank with a blow-off valve. :confused: But the trunk doesn't get any hotter than sitting out in the hot sun. I wouldn't worry about it.

I do a fair amount of diving on the North Coast in california. Usually I camp and take the truck but several times I have stayed at a bed n' breakfast and took the NSX (I love driving up north along the coast). I was able to fit two aluminum 80 tanks in the back as well as all my dive gear. I use those foam tank holders and they do a great job of securing the tanks so they don't move around in the trunk. I could see them damaging the rear of the car if they moved around as they are pretty heavy.

The two problems as I see it are
1) It would really suck to put wet gear in the back (not a problem for me as I dry them at the B&B)
2) There is really not any room for anything else

Back