• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY Car Wash in Monterey?

Thanks for adding me, guys. I've been without internet access while waiting for my car.

I may be needing extra the TLC being that my car is still being worked on, and am unable to give it any TLC of my own. :(

Robert Smith who did the detailing in the garage without sunlight was concerned everyone was happy - were you?

Well, I 'll respond even though I didn't get to have my car washed after all the coordination :frown: ...... too many other "garage queens" needed pampering not to mention the unannounced drop-ins, so yeah, I didn't get my car wash, and it being black, it was dirty ........ :eek: :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Robert was very punctual, and made sure I knew the details well in advance. He was ready and started probably at 2:30 PM and did not slack off and was washing non-stop till after 8:00+ PM when a few of us had already left to the restaurant. He did brake a sweat ...... so much so that people realized the bargain that they received for $20; he spent well over 30 minutes per car ........ and I believe quite a few tipped him for that and that should tell the rest of the story. Steven, thanks for the recommendation. Hopefully it was worth his time and effort. He worked hard. Others' MMV but this is my $0.02 observation.

Robert did an awesome job! He was on time, paid attention to the details, listened to me on things I didn't want touched and busted his tail to get us through the line. Plus, he is a good guy and I enjoyed talking with him.

We made sure that each of us gave him a nice tip in addition to the $20.

Robert worked very hard for what ended up being one of the shortest lasting car washes I ever paid for. He did a great job, it's just that within 24 hours, laguna seca had dumped it's dust on us all. and within 48 hours, i had another load of I-5 bugs smashed on the front nose and windshield.

Would I pay him to do it again? In a heartbeat.:smile:

Robert did an excellent job. Even though he worked virtually non-stop for all those hours with breaks only long enough for the next car to pull in, he gave each car the same attention to detail. His attitude was great all the way to the last car.

Thanks for the recommendation, Steve.

Back