• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY Gone Wrong $%$$

Holly F%^&*!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Broke my thermo bleeder off the head doing my coolant flush.

Any know how much this is gone cost to fix can't believe this shit!!!

I'm going to have to get it towed to a shop to fix.

Had to stick some duck tape in to stop the coolant from leaking..

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 301
Thanks, thought it was going to cost a arm and a leg.

How involved is the labor? terying to see how much thats gonna cost I think i'm going to have it done a shop don't want to screw up anything else.

Just 2 screws and remove the hose and replace the thermo seal.

14sw051_e15.png

Wow, I think you dodged a big one there! I can't believe that part is under $30.00, I would have guessed more like $130 especially as it is the type of part that is not available in the aftermarket.

Lucky. :biggrin:

Peter

Wow, I think you dodged a big one there! I can't believe that part is under $30.00, I would have guessed more like $130 especially as it is the type of part that is not available in the aftermarket.

Lucky. :biggrin:

Peter

Look at the casting of the part, looks cheap from first sight. :eek:

Yeah dodged it big time :biggrin: I was shocked when I saw the price too. Thought I was going to cost a few hundred.

I hope delray acura have the part in stock I can pick it up on Monday.

Thanks Moses i can sleep tonight.

It was done while closing/tighten it, because of the position of the bleeder I could not get a very good position with the torque wrench between the hoses and wait for it, think my torque setting was a little off thought I had pre-set correctly before I started the process.

So while tighten the bleeder after the flush I thought it was tight but I didn't hear or feel the torque wrench click. the sock pop off but looks like the bleeder was still in place so following the service manual it says to loosen the thermo bleeder after filling up the tank to release any additional air bubbles so while doing so it turn very loosely my heart drop then it came off and coolant started to flow.

I most say of all the bleeders this was the hardest to loosen too.

while you are doing that, you might as well replace the thermostat if you haven't. I'm not in the know, but Ben @ Daisy Auto told me that he has seen numerous NSXs with stuck thermostats that have caused overheat and HG problems and says the OEM is junk and to replace with a Spoon or Muegen one. Extra cooling aside, he says the quality of the part is much better.

http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1968

http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=2451

According to the Dali website, the Mishimoto one looks exactly the same at 1/2 the cost.

http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=2562

while you are doing that, you might as well replace the thermostat if you haven't. I'm not in the know, but Ben @ Daisy Auto told me that he has seen numerous NSXs with stuck thermostats that have caused overheat and HG problems and says the OEM is junk and to replace with a Spoon or Muegen one. Extra cooling aside, he says the quality of the part is much better.

Agreed, and you should replace that coolant hose as well.

Regards,
LarryB

Thanks guys, I'll see how quick I can get thermostat and let the tech know I want to hose replace too.

he broke the housing base... am I the only one that sees that this can't just be a $30 fix? .. he would have to replace the thermo-housing unit, the actual bleeder itself is probably fine, assuming he can unscrew it out...

$30 is a deal.

It doesn't look like the part is shared on other cars either. This bleeder housing snapping of is very easy to do (have seen it happen on other Hondas) so don't feel bad. In fact if memory serves, that last one I saw snapped off was a mid-late 90's civic and the replacement part from Honda had the bleeder deleted probably for this very reason. Just go easy on this type of fitting as it doesn't take much at all to snap it off if you torque it down like you would other fasteners.

Back