• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY on Spool Valves

I have read all the threads on this and printed all the pictures and tips for this DIY. Seems simple enough. One questions is when i take the spool valves off is it going to squirt out a lot of oil and all over the place? In other words is this going to be a messy job? I'm thinking a lot of towels. Any tips for me out there. I keep a pretty clean engine so I would like to hear input from everyone on this. thanks :eek:

It't not messy if you do it on a cold engine. A shop towel is needed but not more. If you really want to see a mess then change the oil filter housing o-ring (8-shape one). :D

It't not messy if you do it on a cold engine. A shop towel is needed but not more. If you really want to see a mess then change the oil filter housing o-ring (8-shape one). :D

thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind when I change my oil pan gasket and the oil filter housing o-ring when I change out the coolant hoses.:frown:

I did this a few months ago. Just a little drip on a cold engine. Use a shop rag and you'll be fine. Make sure to keep the assembly right side up as you work on it.

Just got this done last night. This DIY was so easy. I didn't have to disconnect much at all. Just did the coolant tank thing and the fuse box thing off to the side. The only thing i had to disconnect was the three electrical plugs on the box. Very easy access to both spool valves. The rear bank was the easiest one to do. It was not messy at all. Just had to clean the spool valves and around the area where they are mounted too. Looks like they were leaking for a while. I am glad I finnally got this done and it only took about a hour to do.:smile:

Last edited:
Back