• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY: Seat Cover Removal

I'm getting ready for my new seat leather installation, so I took the old leathers off my seats. I snapped a lot of pics that I might use to make a detailed writeup. I found the Leatherseats.com instructions to be OK but lacked some detail. I did the driver seat, then on the passenger seat I took a video of me doing it so you could see the process. I sped it up 3X so you can hear me talking like a chipmunk!

On the driver's seat, when I unclipped the headrest, I was able to pull it out with no issue. On the passenger seat, the headrest was stuck in there so I had to hammer it out with a punch. You'll see me struggling with it in the video! I cut out a few minutes from that scene because it was kind of repetitive. Other than that, the video has not been edited so you see the whole process. Enjoy!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OnMYjMaP-mA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm getting ready for my new seat leather installation, so I took the old leathers off my seats. I snapped a lot of pics that I might use to make a detailed writeup. I found the Leatherseats.com instructions to be OK but lacked some detail. I did the driver seat, then on the passenger seat I took a video of me doing it so you could see the process. I sped it up 3X so you can hear me talking like a chipmunk!

On the driver's seat, when I unclipped the headrest, I was able to pull it out with no issue. On the passenger seat, the headrest was stuck in there so I had to hammer it out with a punch. You'll see me struggling with it in the video! I cut out a few minutes from that scene because it was kind of repetitive. Other than that, the video has not been edited so you see the whole process. Enjoy!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OnMYjMaP-mA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very nice

Thanks

bryan

Now that is INFORMATIVE.......and there are some really FUNNY parts too!!

Boy the people seem to drive REALLY fast in your neighborhood. Sure would want to keep the kids out of the street.

Brad

Thank you! This video is saved to my favorites. Well choosen video speed, reminds me on Charlie Chaply slapstick, esp. at 4:00. :)

Thanks. Should go in the wiki.

Many thanks Sylvan! I just received my leather kit from leatherseats.com and will be tackling this job myself. :smile:

Many thanks Sylvan! I just received my leather kit from leatherseats.com and will be tackling this job myself. :smile:

Great post and video Sylvan!

Phoen$x, give me call when you do you seats, I want to assist since I'm working on something relevant :wink:

Back