• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY Window Switch AUTO-UP function

I finally got around to doing this mod. I'm liking it a lot.
Now I have manual down, manual up, auto down and now the JDM AUTO UP.
The switch has a nice definite 2 stage feel when activating pass the manual and into the AUTO modes.
Thanks Hugo!

I finally got around to doing this mod. I'm liking it a lot.
Now I have manual down, manual up, auto down and now the JDM AUTO UP.
The switch has a nice definite 2 stage feel when activating pass the manual and into the AUTO modes.
Thanks Hugo!

also thanks to Hugo... after completing the regulator upgrade, including the bushing for the drivers side I also added the auto up feature, per Hugo's tips. I used a bit of expoxy putty in the switch cavity to support the spring instead of a rubber piece. switch now has the two stage 'up' function and works like a JDM part.

Great info THANKS A MILLION!!!!:smile:

- - - Updated - - -

I then compared all parts of the 2 switches, and found that only the switch cases are differents, all other parts are the same!

This pictures shows the 2 switch case types (top is HONDA, bottom ACURA)
Left red arrows is the "CLICK" position (hopefully they are the same)
Right red arrows show the plastic "bumpstop" wall located in a different position
dsc09277a.jpg

casesq.jpg

The LEFT one is ACURA, right is HONDA switch case, with a longer rip/gape.

I then modified the ACURA switch case, I used 3 saws together to cut and increase the ACURA case rip/gape to look like the HONDA one, and destroyed that "bumpstop" wall so now the switch can go all way up...
dsc09292.jpg

dsc09297.jpg

dsc09311n.jpg

Then just clean everything, solder that missing wire and voila....you now have the "JDM" AUTO-UP function !
Enjoy!

Can you repost the photo's? They are no longer accessible.

You can check the below link or see the posted pic and info below.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/166143-HugaBuga-s-Fast-and-Easy-DIY-auto-up-Window-Mod
Also, there is a slightly more complicated one involving shaving the top part of switch to gain more travel in the up position and hence room for all four switch positions. Although, I personally didn't want to go through the extra trouble when this was so easy and didn't risk me dorking anything up.

All you need to do is slide out the small cover behind the inside handle of the driver's side door, remove the eight screws, and then unplug the lock and window electrical connectors.

Make a 3" long jumper from 18 ga. solid core wire and strip about 3/4" - 1" of insulation off one end and 1/4" of insulation off the other. The long piece of bare wire gets shoved down the hole on the right side of HugaBuga's diagram (there isn't enough room for the wire with the insulation on) and the short piece of bare wire goes down the hole on the left side. Push them both down firmly to make sure they attach to the connector. Test by pulling up gently. If they don't more, you've pushed them far enough.

Here is a picture of the JDM/EURO window switch of the driver side

Ez70mY.jpg

The US Acura switch does not have the red/orange wire (pointed by the left black arrow), but you'll find that the wire is present on the other side of the connector coming from the door harness.
Just use a shunt to connect the black/yellow wire (pointed by the right black arrow) to the pin on the left were the red/orange wire is missing and voila! you'll have the AUTO-UP function available on the Acura

Last edited:
You can check the below link or see the posted pic and info below.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/166143-HugaBuga-s-Fast-and-Easy-DIY-auto-up-Window-Mod
Also, there is a slightly more complicated one involving shaving the top part of switch to gain more travel in the up position and hence room for all four switch positions. Although, I personally didn't want to go through the extra trouble when this was so easy and didn't risk me dorking anything up.

All you need to do is slide out the small cover behind the inside handle of the driver's side door, remove the eight screws, and then unplug the lock and window electrical connectors.

Make a 3" long jumper from 18 ga. solid core wire and strip about 3/4" - 1" of insulation off one end and 1/4" of insulation off the other. The long piece of bare wire gets shoved down the hole on the right side of HugaBuga's diagram (there isn't enough room for the wire with the insulation on) and the short piece of bare wire goes down the hole on the left side. Push them both down firmly to make sure they attach to the connector. Test by pulling up gently. If they don't more, you've pushed them far enough.

Here is a picture of the JDM/EURO window switch of the driver side

Ez70mY.jpg

The US Acura switch does not have the red/orange wire (pointed by the left black arrow), but you'll find that the wire is present on the other side of the connector coming from the door harness.
Just use a shunt to connect the black/yellow wire (pointed by the right black arrow) to the pin on the left were the red/orange wire is missing and voila! you'll have the AUTO-UP function available on the Acura

GREAT! Thanks for the additional info too. Looks like an relatively easy upgrade and inexpensive. Nice project for a weekend.
Joe

GREAT! Thanks for the additional info too. Looks like an relatively easy upgrade and inexpensive. Nice project for a weekend.
Joe

I just realized most of the guys on this thread were looking for the pics from the more complicated auto-up where you shave the switch and miss with the spring. I unfortunately didn't save those since the simple auto-up fix was more than adequate to me without the fuss. Sorry about getting your hopes up. But this definitely works and will take only a few minutes. You don't even need wire...you can just use a properly sized wire connector and plug it in and be done.

i just realized most of the guys on this thread were looking for the pics from the more complicated auto-up where you shave the switch and miss with the spring. I unfortunately didn't save those since the simple auto-up fix was more than adequate to me without the fuss. Sorry about getting your hopes up. But this definitely works and will take only a few minutes. You don't even need wire...you can just use a properly sized wire connector and plug it in and be done.

thanks again

- - - Updated - - -

Joe Scavone on NSX Prime FB or Owners Group should be able supply the correct pins for the connector.

Back