• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do bike cops just tell you to slow down then leave???

Weird and a bit scary story, was getting on the freeway and some kid sees me and starts trying to race me, once in a straight line he kinda goes for it, I follow but by no means trying to catch him, doing about 85-90...right away I look in the rearview and see motorcycle lights, can't tell if it's a cop, slow down anyway.

The kid keeps going on his way at at least 90mph, I soon find out its a cop, he pulls right next to me(couldnt tell if it was highway patrol) then tells me "Dont Start, slow down" so I nod my head, and just cruise as he goes to the kid in the eclipse. After some quick thinking I jump on the onramp to another freeway- and go home.

My question is, was he just telling me?? If he wanted me to pull over wouldnt he tell me? he saw me turn my blinkers on to the next freeway and just kept going...he just told me to slow down on his speaker and left..I wonder...

I sure hope so, I didnt see any flashing lights or anything as he approached the other car..and didnt stick around for it.. I thought I would be in one of those group pullovers...

5inchfatlip, u were lucky... and smart to take the onramp.

the kid was stupid to race, and even more stupid to try to beat u (coz he probably got the fine *lol*). surprising the cop didn't book you coz you've got the more 'exotic' looking car.
wink.gif

I've only had one encounter...and YES!!

I entered the freeway going way too fast.
Once I merged on I coasted down to 70 and hit the CC. In my mirror I noticed a BMW bike (You can always pick the BMW R1100s out by their headlights) approching in the next lane. Once I realized it was a CHP I looked over and raised my hand and gave the lowerd head/whipped puppy dog look. He simply stated "You'd better slow that thing down," then continued on his way on got off at the next exit....

Originally posted by ub2slw:
I've only had one encounter...and YES!!

I entered the freeway going way too fast.
Once I merged on I coasted down to 70 and hit the CC. In my mirror I noticed a BMW bike (You can always pick the BMW R1100s out by their headlights) approching in the next lane. Once I realized it was a CHP I looked over and raised my hand and gave the lowerd head/whipped puppy dog look. He simply stated "You'd better slow that thing down," then continued on his way on got off at the next exit....

"You'd better slow that pretty sexy thing down,"
biggrin.gif

Why is it everytime we pull onto the interstate and any import is on the same road they have to pull up and try and race?

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

well 92NSX, if u live up to ur beautiful name then it's obvious why they wanna race u... who wouldn't want to race a '92 NSX... honda perfection at it's most perfect.
wink.gif

Back