• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you like old Chevy muscle cars? (Lots-o-Pics)

So, I was just out driving around last weekend and found myself about 50 miles downrange in Punta Gorda when I came across a very nice little roadside attraction. It's the Muscle Car City Car Museum, and here is a mess of pics.

DSC_2710.jpg

Despite being billed somewhat generically, the museum is about 95% Chevrolet with the rest being a few Pontiac and Oldsmobiles. Not a Ford or Mopar to be seen. Nonetheless, it was impressive and contained the most Corvettes with chrome bumpers (I love Corvettes with chrome bumpers!) that I've ever seen in one place. Here we go.

DSC_2665.jpg

DSC_2652.jpg

DSC_2669.jpg

DSC_2696.jpg

DSC_2680.jpg

DSC_2658.jpg

DSC_2688.jpg

DSC_2689.jpg

DSC_2662.jpg

DSC_2641.jpg

DSC_2645.jpg

DSC_2671.jpg

DSC_2646.jpg

DSC_2707.jpg

DSC_2640.jpg

DSC_2663.jpg

DSC_2667.jpg

DSC_2668.jpg

DSC_2697.jpg

DSC_2692.jpg

DSC_2643.jpg

DSC_2703.jpg

DSC_2690.jpg

DSC_2650.jpg

DSC_2639.jpg

DSC_2651.jpg

DSC_2653.jpg

DSC_2655.jpg

DSC_2661.jpg

DSC_2673.jpg

DSC_2675.jpg

Full rez versions here - http://sarasotadetail.com/gallery2/v/sarashows01/musclecarcity/

Awesome find......can you just imagine what is must sound like when they start them all up...:biggrin:

The pics don't show up on my work computer :(

Oh well. I'll check it out when I get home.

Do you know what kind of filtering is being used? I haven't had any problems with my sarasotadetail.com domain being filtered in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

That dark blue vette is sweet!

You talking about this one, recropped and zoomed from the first pic above?
DSC_2665c.jpg

It was funny because while I was there I specifically looked for a split window car and could not find one. I wrote this thread for another forum a few days ago and mentioned in a post that there wasn't a split window car and of course everybody pointed out to me that I had a picture of one at the top of the post. I don't know how I missed it, senior moment I guess.

That was something that was special about this museum. They had a lot of high-spec cars. It's one thing to have long rows of C2 Corvettes, but it's another thing to have a row that are all 427 cars and so on. Even the odd Oldsmobile 442 row was mostly W31 & Hurst models.

Last edited:
It was funny because while I was there I specifically looked for a split window car and could not find one.
Three 63's in the photos. The hood vents were supposed to be operational to exhaust the engine bay heat, but they didn't do what the engineers were looking for so the operational aspect was removed and static ones for looks remained.

Last edited:
Back