• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does anyone know anything about this car? $15,800 2004 NSX

Hi, I am a prospective NSX owner and came accross this deal..
Do you guys this this car is a scam?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...=false&make=ACURA&num_records=25&cardist=1617>

I checked out the carfax and it turns out this vehicle started out as a lease vehicle in 2004 for the first two owners.. 3rd owner in pennsylvania during 2007 .. 4th owner in North Carolina during 2007 with only 14 added miles .. [says something about Sold at auction
in Pennsylvania Listed as a dealer vehicle]

Do you think its possible this vehicle has flood damage eventhough the carfax history comes out clean? :confused:

This deal may be too good to be true..

The terms that the seller wants to do are as follows: Setup an e-bay transaction where ebay holds the funds from my side of the deal.. Seller ships the vehicle out to me to test drive from out of state [louisiana specifically, didn't a hurracane go through there?] If and when I am satisfied with the condition of the vehicle are the funds released.

Please does anyone have any information on this car or any insite would be greatly apprecaited. I applied for a loan on this car and it turned out fine but i'm not sure how logistically I could pay for this vehicle via a loan though this type of e-bay transaction..

Thanks in advance NSX Prime!!
Christopher

The terms that the seller wants to do are as follows: Setup an e-bay transaction where ebay holds the funds from my side of the deal.. Seller ships the vehicle out to me to test drive from out of state [louisiana specifically, didn't a hurracane go through there?] If and when I am satisfied with the condition of the vehicle are the funds released.

Flood damage is your least concern. THIS IS A SCAM. You will be sending funds to them (to hold safely :wink:) and then wait patiently for a vehicle that will never arrive.

That would be a scam for a 91 NSX...not to mention a 2004. Cmon

True, dangerous.. I just spoke with a friend and he told me I should fly out there, tell the owner to meet me at an acura dealer to have the vehicle inspected.. Never have a car sent out to you as the shipping would outweigh flight expenses. In addition have him pay for the inspection.

I don't feel like paying out of pocket for a flight to hell.. heh

Are there any members out in louisiana want to test it out for me?

Chris

Dude, what are you talking about? WHY would a 2004 "clean" NSX be sold for under 20k? Are you seriously considering even talking to the "owner" of the vehicle. THIS CAR IS A SCAM. END OF STORY. I think you seriously need to do some research on the going prices of NSX's. This "so called car" should be in the 60k range, a ridiculously good deal would be somewhere from 50k-60k, NOT 45k below market value.

True, dangerous.. I just spoke with a friend and he told me I should fly out there, tell the owner to meet me at an acura dealer to have the vehicle inspected.. Never have a car sent out to you as the shipping would outweigh flight expenses. In addition have him pay for the inspection.

Chris

haha..

1. Get NSX for 15k
2. Have seller even pay for the inspection
3. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Uh oh...

I think there needs to be a sticky at the top of the prospective owner's forum with the thread title:

"No, that $9000 NSX you just found isn't a good deal....IT'S A GREAT DEAL. JUMP ON IT!!!111!1!1111!111!1!!!oneoneoneoneone!!!" :biggrin:

Or...ya know...something similar.

Odds are your "seller" will never agree to a personal inspection or even the whereabouts of the car because it is someone else's car most likely in another state who has no knowledge his car is being "sold" by someone else. :rolleyes:

If you're not at least aiming above 20K ( 20K being a low low value for possible salvaged cars from 91-93 ), you're looking for the wrong car.
You get what you pay for.

I'm actually looking to spend btw 45-55k.... I was waiting to save about 10-15k for a down payment sometime in 2009, Anything 2002+ Silver on silver - more understated, or black on red - hard to keep clean. I would go for the blue but already have a Nogaro Audi S4 with 500 flywheel hp. Ported heads, lowered compression, Twin K04 turbo's.. I get about 15 city 20 highway, this thing tokes the big one. I've actually wanted to purchase an nsx for hmm 10 years.. Anyone want to trade? j/k

I was hoping to be the benfactor for a police auctioned vehicle but yea, why would someone put such a low asking price when they could just e-bay it and be done with it.

If its too good to be true it usually..

Last edited:
Hmm tweaked blueberry= jdmcm??? hmmm

I'm actually looking to spend btw 45-55k.... I was hoping to be the benfactor for a police auctioned vehicle but yea, why would someone put such a low asking price when they could just e-bay it and be done with it.

If its too good to be true it usually..

That's what we want to read and, when we do, we usually know that you are not just pimple faced teenager with a Tiburon.

Don't listen to these guys! If I were you, I would jump on this deal in a heart beat. Get your butt on a plane as fast as possible. You've found a great deal. See ya at our next meet.:biggrin:

Chris

The lister DOES NOT POSSESS THE CAR.

He will not let you see the car except by supposedly shipping it to you.

Hi, I am a prospective NSX owner and came accross this deal..
Do you guys this this car is a scam?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...=false&make=ACURA&num_records=25&cardist=1617>

I checked out the carfax and it turns out this vehicle started out as a lease vehicle in 2004 for the first two owners.. 3rd owner in pennsylvania during 2007 .. 4th owner in North Carolina during 2007 with only 14 added miles .. [says something about Sold at auction
in Pennsylvania Listed as a dealer vehicle]

Do you think its possible this vehicle has flood damage eventhough the carfax history comes out clean? :confused:

This deal may be too good to be true..

Please does anyone have any information on this car or any insite would be greatly apprecaited. I applied for a loan on this car and it turned out fine but i'm not sure how logistically I could pay for this vehicle via a loan though this type of e-bay transaction..

Thanks in advance NSX Prime!!
Christopher

This topic has come up very often. IT IS A SCAMMMMMMM, DAMN IT!!!

I swear if I see another one of these threads I'm going to scream...

If a 2005 NSX costs the same as a 91 civic, then yea throw your $ away... :rolleyes:

dollar.gif
nutkick.gif

Last edited:
I swear if I see another one of these threads I'm going to scream...

If a 2005 NSX costs the same as a 91 civic, then yea throw your $ away... :rolleyes:

i hope no one pays that much for a 91 or 01 civic:biggrin:

Yeah well... this one's done and over with... he has a decently reasonable range in which to buy a car he wants.

What really needs to happen ( seriously this time ) is a sticky needs to be posted to the top of the prospective buyers forum that reads:

"Before you jump on that $8000 NSX, BEWARE"

Having said that, good luck on your search for a car tweaked_blueberry! You'll find lots of helpful ( and sometimes not ) information here on Prime. We've just had a slew of new threads about cheap NSX's lately.

No harm done. :smile:

I'm an owner in louisiana...have him e mail me and I'll smoke out his [email protected]

Back