• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does this belong to anyone here?

AnointedDC5 said:
Was it fraud? Because he is selling it on AutoTrader now

I do not think it actually "sold" on ebay, it was just "for sale" on ebay as he mentioned, so I see no reason to suspect fraud, unless the guy wants $25K for it!

He's asking $5800.00 lol so I suspect big time fraud. He says he's in London and it will cost too much to have it registered, insured, and meet UK customs so I'm thinking this is a lot of BS.

Yes that is fraud, as the car was here in the states when it was for sale on ebay, and your sellers M.O is very common with these frauds. Report it to Autotrader.

I wonder if people still fall for this scam...I guess so, since they're still doing stuff like that....
But wouldn't it be easier to scam people on something more common, like a mustang or something like that? I mean, $5,800 for a Stang sounds pretty believable.

DrVolkl said:
I wonder if people still fall for this scam...I guess so, since they're still doing stuff like that....
But wouldn't it be easier to scam people on something more common, like a mustang or something like that? I mean, $5,800 for a Stang sounds pretty believable.

Yes...people are still sucked in. My brother (who is a very smart kid) called me all up in excitement about an '05 BMW 645Ci that was on the Internet for $18,000. I was like, 'Dude...it is a scam,' and he said, 'No...we emailed the guy and he said he just wants to sell it fast,' and I had to shake my head. Now I see how it happens.... :frown:

I like to send E-mail saying I would like to come see it..they don't usualy respond and if they do, I ask if I can have a # to call them at when I get there :wink:

Back