• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

downforce cantrell again

alright, so i've read all of the threads i could find. i know it probably won't give any noticable gains and yet people still love it. is there anyone out there not happy with either product and why.

acjet said:
alright, so i've read all of the threads i could find. i know it probably won't give any noticable gains and yet people still love it. is there anyone out there not happy with either product and why.

Dude, what are you talking about? the driver's side air scoop? If that is what you're talking about, dude, it is the cheapest power gain mod you can do.

I just installed the Downforce scoop in my stock 95.

I HATE it!!!

Here's why:

Installing it, I broke three fender liner fasteners.

My gas mileage took a 25% hit. I only got about 220 miles on a tank of gas.

I get a weird feeling everytime I am about to go through a tunnel. I get the urge to downshift and accelerate.

All kidding aside, I think it's the best $165 I've spent in a long time (thanks Peter).

The sound it makes is pretty sweet and it feels more responsive also.

The only problem, like I've mentioned above, is that the intake sound it makes comes on around 3000rpm. So that is the rpm range where I'm driving it now. No more driving it like an Accord. (kills the gas mileage, obviously).

I would recommend the Downforce air scoop to anyone that wants a "throatier" sound above 3000rpm.

btw, this is my first post and I'd like to thank all you guys for all the great advice and help on these forums. The information and inspiration you've given me have been invaluable.

Thanks again!

dro

If I had to get rid of all mods and keep just one, I would keep my downforce scoop.

OK, just to be different... I have the Procar scoop which is CF...

The Procar scoop caused a slight bulge in the wheel well fender liner...

Has anyone else had this issue with either the Cantrell or Downforce scoops?

Not on mine. If you make sure its pushed on all the way that won't happen.

I love it so much that I installed it into every opening I can find. 2 in the front air dam, 2 sides, and 2 rear:D ...now my car sounds like a hurricane now. :D

Shumdit said:
Which bulge are you referring to? The wheelwell liner or crotch?:biggrin:

The crotch bulge only comes into play when I see a nice NSX.

Especially one that is being washed....

with soap all over it...

YEAH BABY!!! :tongue:

No bulge with the AIS properly installed, bit of effort pushing the scoop in place. There was some owners having concern driving in rain(as I recalled). But driven mine in rain, no problem here.

you guys were right.... it's great. thanks pete and the forums for the help. i do agree with the wasting gas part. i can see my mpg going down over the next few months.

Back