• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dreams do come true, all thanks to NFCUUUUUU!!!

Dreams do come true, all thanks to NFCUUUUUU.

So I’ve owned a 2004 Honda S2000 for 5 years now, and loved every bit of it. I have car ADHD though, so I was seriously considering trading it on something newer, still a convertible, but more powerful and practical. The BMW 335i seemed to fit the bill. After 3 calls to different dealers, learning that they have been sold, it was really frustrating to me how they don’t keep these ads up to date! Well I still want one so let me return my S back to stock and apply for a loan.

So, I’m on my way to my friend’s shop in Culpeper VA to return the car back to stock for trade in. I had an epiphany. Perfect weather out, top is down, awesome B road. I love this thing! Why would I ever get rid of it? I got the stock exhaust back on, but left the aftermarket stereo and intake on. Perfection, no more drone city, still loud when I get on it though, due to the intake.

So maybe I’ll just get a TSX or TL as my daily and make the S my toy. When applying for the loan, NFCU told me that they can finance cars up to 20 years old, and that they finance up to 125% of the car’s NADA’s value. I was like “Wow, this really opens up a lot of options for me!” 993, 996 GT3 or Turbo, RX-7, Supra, NSX, amongst others. Basically all the most awesome 90s sports cars. But then what would I do with the S, trade it for a TSX/TL as originally planned? That seems feasible.

After looking at all those cars, I ended up with the NSX, why the hell would I choose anything else? It’s been one of my dream cars for as long as I could remember. I never thought I would end up being able to own one of these things, unlike the others, which are more realistic.

After doing a Cars search and only finding 7 for the whole of USA, I came across this one, which was in Idaho.

More AD images here...

Long story short, after some phone calls to both the dealer and my bank to check out everything, this car now sits in my driveway!!! It comes with over 200 pages of fully documented maintenance, including clutch/timing belt/water pump replaced. The previous owner slightly modified it, including TIEN springs, SOS water reservoir, front lip (Shine?), exhaust (unknown atm), and stealth radar system. All the original parts were included, such as the phone, front lip, car cover, seatbelt pads, and exhaust tips, along with a second set of brand new tires!

Cross state registration was a bit of a nightmare and is something I'm still dealing/getting reacquainted with. It has been the only hassle so far. The dealer was and still is super professional, patient, and curious. He has really gone above and beyond to help this process along with as little issues as possible. We were able to negotiate the price of shipping into the final cost of the car. He was able to send the tires along with the car, but not the stock exhaust, so he's going to fedex them to me on his dime. The temp plates they gave me with the car arrived (that big sticker in the window with a date on it) was only for Idaho, and not out of state, so he's over-nighting the right kind of temp plates to me as I post this actually, so that I can actually drive the car while I wait for the Title to arrive at NFCU's headquarters (then I can get them to fax it to the DMV so I can finally register it for VA)

1994 NSX - Formula Red 5spd with 84k miles - $27,500

RT000008

More images to come, maybe a photoshoot if I can find any NSX/S2000 enthusiasts in the NOVA area that has a real camera. Oh, and what about the S2000 again? Screw it, I'm going to keep both cars!

A special shout out to the Drive network on YouTube, as they helped inspire me to buy this car, with their NSX video they did.

Last edited:
Welcome to the NoVA NSX community! There are a good few of us that make it to the Cars and Coffee meets (Katie's, Fair Lakes, etc). Not sure if any of us has a 'real camera' but we at least meet up semi-regularly and hope you can come out and meet us too!

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing this great ride out and about in the area. There are plenty of photographers in the area that you could probably arrange a photoshoot with. Hit Katie's or Kohl's and ask for a few recommendations or paw through some of the photos on facebook, etc to see bits you like. Insamnia has taken a bunch of great shots of my car that I have really liked as one example.

Welcome, car looks great! Right decision on keeping your S2000. I would have kept my S2000 if I could.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing this great ride out and about in the area. There are plenty of photographers in the area that you could probably arrange a photoshoot with. Hit Katie's or Kohl's and ask for a few recommendations or paw through some of the photos on facebook, etc to see bits you like. Insamnia has taken a bunch of great shots of my car that I have really liked as one example.

Sweet, will do! Yeah I got to drive it for the first time today, and I must have drove it around ALL DAY, looking for excuses to take it places. Took my mom out to get sugar from the store in Winchester, took a cute friend out to dinner and yogurt in Reston, drove my roommate after he saw it and demanded a ride to go get gas of course. I am lovin this thing!!!

Welcome, car looks great! Right decision on keeping your S2000. I would have kept my S2000 if I could.

My only problem now is I can't drive both cars at once, haha. Cause I know when I drive the S I'll be wanting to drive the NSX too.

I almost bought this one before I decided on my '92 FR. Saved a couple grand going the route I did, but almost kicking myself for not getting this one. Congrats friend, you're sure to be the talk of the town.

I almost bought this one before I decided on my '92 FR. Saved a couple grand going the route I did, but almost kicking myself for not getting this one. Congrats friend, you're sure to be the talk of the town.

Damn good thing you didn't! haha cause NCFU could only finance me a '94 and up; there were slim pickins for everything else available.

Congrads on your '92 BTW!

Congratulations, and welcome to the community. Wish I could have kept my S2K when I bought the NSX but couldn't afford both toys.

Very wise decision on keeping both. Since my S2000 and NSX are in different states and getting to drive each with weeks/months in-between is a world of enjoyment! Congrats on your new purchase and hope for many happy miles of ownership!

Sweet looking NSX, Congrats & Enjoy:)

Congrats and welcome to the club! :smile: She's a beauty and I loved the pics... especially the one in front of the library. :wink:

Congrats, nice looking car, great price!

Back