• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drink of choice

Drink of Choice

• Beer

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Mixed Drink (Please clarify)

• Bourbon, Whiskey, Scotch

• Tequila

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Wine

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Other (Please clarify)

Votes: 18 25.0%

• Total voters
Man, that Louis XIII is some nasty stuff.... We used to go to Penthouse and take the bottle home. At $120 a shot, you'd expect it to be liquid gold....

We thought we were so cool, not. :eek:

Pyrat Rum and Diet Rite Cola. That Pyrat is some good Shyat.

a 30 year Tawny from any quality vintner

Something mixed with diet coke? OOOOH you guys are trying to watch your figures. Thats super sexy ;).

Man, that Louis XIII is some nasty stuff.... We used to go to Penthouse and take the bottle home. At $120 a shot, you'd expect it to be liquid gold....

We thought we were so cool, not. :eek:

I was able to get some of this Louis XIII stuff for 150 for a small glass. I will agree its pretty rough thats for sure. I bought it a couple times as a birthday present for myself(just a glass). It would take me a solid hour to finish it. The bartenders would always remember me cause I was the only crazy guy that would ever do this.

I prefer Remy Martin Congac, Grand Cru. Costco has the Premier Cru, which is NOTHING like the Grand Cru. I usually buy it when I am in London or Paris, because you can't buy Grand Cru in the US. (From my research.)

For Scotch, I like Johnny Walker Gold (kind of sweet), but I prefer Johnny Blue.

Last edited:
Pernod or Riccard. 5 parts water over ice.

Rye and ginger.

Tapatalk did not crash. Whoa.

I was curious about that myself - from Wikipedia:

In 2007, the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) effectively lifted the longstanding absinthe ban, and has since approved many brands for sale in the U.S. market. This was made possible partly through the TTB's clarification of the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) thujone content regulations, which specify that finished food and beverages that contain Artemisia species must be thujone free.[91] In this context, the TTB considers a product to be thujone-free if the thujone content is less than 10ppm (equal to 10 mg/kg).[92][93] This is verified through the use of Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry.[94]

The importation, distribution, and sale of absinthe is permitted with respect to the following restrictions:

The product must be thujone-free as per TTB guidelines,
The word "absinthe" can neither be the brand name nor stand alone on the label, and
The packaging cannot "project images of hallucinogenic, psychotropic or mind-altering effects."
Absinthe imported in violation of these regulations is subject to seizure at the discretion of U.S. Customs.[95][96]

Beginning in 2001, a product called Absente was sold legally in the United States under the marketing tagline "Absinthe Refined", but as the product was made with southernwood (Artemisia abrotanum) and not grande wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) (prior to 2009), the TTB classified it as a liqueur.

Its like buying campbell's chicken noodle soup, the chicken walks threw the pot.

With the US grade Absinthe the wormwood worms its way threw the still. (It don't not have hallucinogenic effect )

Last edited:
Back