• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner/member

Been looking forward to 2nd gen NSX ownership since they emerged on the market. Unfortunately throughout the few release years I was still in training and couldn't afford much more than a Matchbox replica. Recently purchased a 2021 in Valencia Red Pearl. Only missing option is the CCB. Really is the most attractive vehicle I've ever laid eyes on. I prefer it over the Huracan, which I came close to purchasing instead. Could not be happier with my decision. The NSX is a real head turner, but I feel in some way less pretentious than Lambos and Ferraris, both of which I occasionally see around town and numerous I see at our monthly cars & coffee. Never have I seen another NSX.

I have a tendency to modify vehicles, so the NSX remaining in stock form will be short lived I'm sure. Factory wheels are perfect, those will stay. Brakes will likely be upgraded. Power will be added, although this thing is stupid fast already. I had a 2013 Audi S4 prior to this that I had extensively tuned and modified. 2.9 0-60, 10.8 in the quarter mile. From the few full throttle runs I've made in Mexico, seat of the pants tells me the NSX is faster.

Look forward to sharing my ownership adventure and learning from seasoned owners. DrManny has already provided me some great info. I would like to know what everyone uses to wash their NSXs and what interior cleaning chemicals are popular. Koch-Chemie looks good but unsure what to choose and how often to use their products.

IMG_0607.JPG

Congrats on the NSX. I'm digging that G Wagen, what's the story with that?

Great color. I have mine full PPF with Xpel and ceramic, so one wash and a boost product both by xpel

Full PPF on mine too. Rashed the front drivers side nose pulling out of my driveway first time I drove it. Was none too happy. Gotta take those inclines slow and sideways.

Bought the G last winter. Had it shipped sight unseen from the northeast. Low miles but after I got it I found it was rusted all to hell underneath. Went up on jackstands in January and I've finally now got it in drivable condition. Pretty much fully rebuilt the suspension, hydraulics, just about everything on the underside of the vehicle. The interior is immaculate though, so there's that. Built it for off roading so not too concerned with body rust. May eventually have it repainted with Kevlar.

IMG_9529.jpg

Lol I dinged my splitter on my own lift ...so there's that...

Gotta say I love how the NSX sounds in Sport+ with the pedal down. Haven't tried Track mode yet. Considering catless downpipes in the future but don't want it too loud. Been there done that. I drive the G55 if I want loud.

I knew the rs182 handle sounded familiar. Your G55k build looks rad now that it's together. You should post some pictures over on ClubG. (syam = shiann)

Nice looking NC1. Hope to get to ride in one one of these years. But focusing on getting an NA1 of my own first.

Last edited:
I knew the rs182 handle sounded familiar. Your G55k build looks rad now that it's together. You should post some pictures over on ClubG. (broinkrist = shiann)

Nice looking NC1. Hope to get to ride in one one of these years. But focusing on getting an NA1 of my own first.
Hey man good to see you over here. Just dropped an update on ClubG.

Congrats, I just bought one myself. Amazing handling, need to find more twisty roads!
I know what you mean, looking for more twists myself. Has anyone considered a robust aftermarket theft deterrent? A work colleague has suggested that for both my vehicles.

Congrats rs182 I have had my 2020 for a year and it is a phenomenal car, fully modded of course. I also have a Lexus LFA and although they are different in some ways they both have JDM reliability and feature a certain sublime fully engineered driving experience that allow you to truly enjoy each and every mile driven. Glad you went with the NSX over the Lambo. Smart move IMO

Congrats rs182 I have had my 2020 for a year and it is a phenomenal car, fully modded of course. I also have a Lexus LFA and although they are different in some ways they both have JDM reliability and feature a certain sublime fully engineered driving experience that allow you to truly enjoy each and every mile driven. Glad you went with the NSX over the Lambo. Smart move IMO
What mods have you added and what would recommend or change if you could do it again?

Enjoy adding miles to your new gem; it is an excellent color!

What mods have you added and what would recommend or change if you could do it again?
Pride downpipes and exhaust. JB4, Titanium charge pipes, Sprint booster. Now that K-Tuner is available I would do that instead of JB4. Also a valved exhaust might be nice to have on rare occasions if you want a quieter ride on a long trip.

Hello all, new owner of a 2017 nsx. Would like know. Do anyone know a good nsx tech in philly area? Would schedule an appointment to get some work done like oil changes. Thank you guys in advance.

Attachments

• 20231022_082617.jpg
    20231022_082617.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 7
I don't.. but I know a good one in Wilkes Barre Pa.

Hello all, new owner of a 2017 nsx. Would like know. Do anyone know a good nsx tech in philly area? Would schedule an appointment to get some work done like oil changes. Thank you guys in advance.

Congrats!

Any NSX approved Acura dealer should have a factory trained NSX tech there. Luckily the cars are new enough that it shouldn't be an issue.

Back