• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drive on March 24th

Alan, why is it you look like you're just out on a leisurely Sunday drive, sitting up all proper and straight while I'm leaning into the turn like I mean to have some serious driving fun? :tongue:

I am sooooooooo glad that JC posted his pic right after you made that comment...............ACTUALLY, I was driving so hard into that turn that the centrifugal force made my body appear to be erect. I was pulling so many G's that I couldn't peel myself off the door. Obviously you were going slower in the turn and didn't have to contend with 2 or 3g forces and you were able to lean in. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Just got mine. This is what a big ass Dali sway bar will do up front.
View attachment 99083

My sway bar is bigger than your sway bar. And my car is faster in this turn since you can see the obvious blurring of the spokes in my picture compared to being able to see each spoke on your wheel :wink:

I am sooooooooo glad that JC posted his pic right after you made that comment...............ACTUALLY, I was driving so hard into that turn that the centrifugal force made my body appear to be erect. I was pulling so many G's that I couldn't peel myself off the door. Obviously you were going slower in the turn and didn't have to contend with 2 or 3g forces and you were able to lean in. :biggrin:
- - - Updated - - -

My sway bar is bigger than your sway bar. And my car is faster in this turn since you can see the obvious blurring of the spokes in my picture compared to being able to see each spoke on your wheel :wink:

You crack me up, Alan! :biggrin: I really am pretty naive when it comes to sway bars. Do I really need one or are you just slow? :tongue:

Great pictures everyone.
We love this one since it's so scenic along the coast.

Too bad we missed this one :frown:

Yep, we have Les and JC over here on the west coast setting these epic drives.
Mucho kudos to them:cool:

Come on over to CA:biggrin:

Chris, I would love too! :biggrin:

You probably wont recognize it if I was to ship it over there :biggrin:.

Last edited:
You crack me up, Alan! :biggrin: I really am pretty naive when it comes to sway bars. Do I really need one or are you just slow? :tongue:

Go back and look at the pictures---of ALL the cars. Very few are "leaning" or "rolling" like yours and I have a feeling that the cars that look "flat" in that turn all have thicker sway bars. Yes, you need the sway bar AND the braces. (ask Ramon)

He's just slow.:wink:

Go back and look at the pictures---of ALL the cars. Very few are "leaning" or "rolling" like yours and I have a feeling that the cars that look "flat" in that turn all have thicker sway bars. Yes, you need the sway bar AND the braces. (ask Ramon)

Patty unless your car feels unstable in curves on these drives, which I'm sure it doesn't, then YOU DON'T any upgrades.

He's just slow.:wink:
Patty unless your car feels unstable in curves on these drives, which I'm sure it doesn't, then YOU DON'T any upgrades.
Oh now I'm confused. My car feels fine but couldn't it be finer?

BTW, I just ordered a 20" x 30" poster board print of my Rock Store file. Should be done and ready for pick up at Costco this afternoon.

"Thank you for placing an order with the Costco Photo Center.
Please review your order information below.

Prints will be available for pick up on
Saturday, March 30 at 01:39PM
Order Date : 03/30/2013

Prints will be available for pick up at the following Costco 1-Hour Photo Lab location:
Irvine
115 Technology Drive
IRVINE, CA 92618

Qty Item Price Total
1 poster board, 20x30 $24.99 $24.99
subtotal: $24.99
tax (CA 8%): $2.00
total: $26.99"

Last edited:
Oh now I'm confused. My car feels fine but couldn't it be finer?

Yes but unless you plan to go on canyon drives at a much faster pace than on these drives or plan to track your car then it's not worth the money spent.

Yes but unless you plan to go on canyon drives at a much faster pace than on these drives or plan to track your car then it's not worth the money spent.

OUCH....

Patty has already spent a bunch of money on Bilsteins to get her car to handle better. A good sway bar and stiffening braces costs MUCH LESS than the $$ she has already invested and will give her a bigger improvement in cornering and an overall better feel to the car. She won't "roll" around the turn and her car will pull into the turn as it is supposed to do. MY $.02

Honda NA2 NSX-R front stabilizer & bushing set
clear_spacer.gif
[spp-222] $237.90

<tbody>
</tbody>

OUCH....

Patty has already spent a bunch of money on Bilsteins to get her car to handle better. A good sway bar and stiffening braces costs MUCH LESS than the $$ she has already invested and will give her a bigger improvement in cornering and an overall better feel to the car. She won't "roll" around the turn and her car will pull into the turn as it is supposed to do. MY $.02

Honda NA2 NSX-R front stabilizer & bushing set
[spp-222] $237.90

<tbody>

[TD="bgcolor: #6F95DB, colspan: 3"]
clear_spacer.gif
[/TD]

</tbody>
I found that on SOS and have bookmarked it, Alan. Thank you. You guys are going to give me an education here, I see. Thank you!

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/suspension_performance_products/NSX/Honda/stabilizer_bars/default.asp

BTW, Les wasn't insulting me. He called and explained his reasoning to me. For only $237.90 plus installation, it would be cool if I could feel the difference!

Maybe I should start a poll.

Last edited:
I found that on SOS and have bookmarked it, Alan. Thank you. You guys are going to give me an education here, I see. Thank you!

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...roducts/NSX/Honda/stabilizer_bars/default.asp

BTW, Les wasn't insulting me. He called and explained his reasoning to me. For only $237.90 plus installation, it would be cool if I could feel the difference!

Maybe I should start a poll.

While you are under there ( while Ramon is under there ) get one of these too:

Honda JDM NSX-R Lower Chassis Reinforcement Bar
clear_spacer.gif
[epp-561] $127.00

I added the NSXR sway bar and the lower chassis bar and felt an immediate improvement in handling of the red NSX. I didn't get much more improvement by adding the "upper" bar so I wouldn't suggest it----it's expensive and hard to install. The sway bar and lower chassis bar are an easy, probably inexpensive install. (bring brownies and I will help you do it )

<tbody>
</tbody>

Wow, that $20 gorgeous photo ended up encouraging me spend another $409.07. I listened to Les, Alan, Jonathan and my friend, Bob, and realized that I've always been disappointed in how the NSX handles in curves compared to my S2000. Yeah, it's fast but it's not as tight and scalpel like. I originally put the Bilsteins on it, thinking that would make it feel more like my S2000 does in turns, and it helped some, but not enough. I think the CT Engineering Adjustable sway bar set will make me very happy. I ordered it and hope to have Ramon put them on before the drive on April 13th. Thank you, Alan, Les and Jonathan!

http://www.ct-engineering.com/ProductLineup/AcuraNSX/AcuraNSXSuspensionChassisUpgrades/SwaybarUpgradeNSX/tabid/1021/Default.aspx

^BTW, the price is $349, not the listed $399.

Last edited:
I was waiting for JC to chime in on this. Especially after HIS comment about the Dali swaybar on his car. You are going to be soooooooo happy that you did this. (Now get the lower chassis reinforcement bar to go with it---only $127 more and a super easy install while Ramon is down there) :wink:

I was waiting for JC to chime in on this. Especially after HIS comment about the Dali swaybar on his car. You are going to be soooooooo happy that you did this. (Now get the lower chassis reinforcement bar to go with it---only $127 more and a super easy install while Ramon is down there) :wink:

I am skipping that one, Alan. I gave extra weight to Jonathan's opinion since he is a tracker. His thoughts were the sway bars would be a good start and then if I'm not happy, consider more.

Les, I won't fall down the slippery slope of mods. I've had my car 4 years now and it's still close to stock. I'll never mod the engine. I love it the way it is. I just want a better feel in the curves, like my S2000 has. Even my friend Bob's boat of an Impala is glued to the road in curves. He's got some very beefy sway bars on it.

I had the STMPO front chassis brace put on first and that certainly did help, a lot. But adding the Dali Trophy sway bar was night and day. There are some other things I've done but those two mods made the most difference, and it is amazing. You won't believe you are driving the same car.

Alan - saw your thunder chicken at Ramon's yesterday. Looks nice with the new front lip.

Nicole was driving too fast for any of you to keep up haha. Sway bars, psssshhhh. Sway bars won't help if you don't have the guts to push it. And tires is another point: no sway bar in the world will compensate for 19 inch wheels on crapy tires against 17 inch track rated tires. Jc, when are me and you gona get to go head to head :p

Jason, bring that turboed POS to the track one day and I'll smoke it just like I did to an SOS-built 600hp turboed NSX in Jan @Chuckwalla. Lol.

Last edited:
Nicole was driving too fast for any of you to keep up haha. Sway bars, psssshhhh. Sway bars won't help if you don't have the guts to push it. And tires is another point: no sway bar in the world will compensate for 19 inch wheels on crapy tires against 17 inch track rated tires. Jc, when are me and you gona get to go head to head :p

here here! haven't been on a drive yet which required more tire than the oe 16/17s on all seasons.

ps http://shift-s3ctor.com/ holds half mile drags at a runway which may help settle this for once....

Alan, Ramon installed my front and rear CT sway bars today and told me I should add the front braces. Oh well. I'll see how it is on the next drive.

Alan, Ramon installed my front and rear CT sway bars today and told me I should add the front braces. Oh well. I'll see how it is on the next drive.

That's why I toldja in the first place. I did what Ramon suggested and the results were awesome. I'm thinking you needed the braces much more than the rear sway bar. BUT ....... you should still notice a big improvement with JUST the sway bar. The bottom brace is VERY EASY to install (two bolts and easy access) and makes a HUGE improvement. I did that one first on my car and later did the front (top) one. DIdn't notice much improvement when I added the front brace so you might want to go in steps. Get JC to bring you a bottom brace while he is there today and you can slap it on.

That's why I toldja in the first place. I did what Ramon suggested and the results were awesome. I'm thinking you needed the braces much more than the rear sway bar. BUT ....... you should still notice a big improvement with JUST the sway bar. The bottom brace is VERY EASY to install (two bolts and easy access) and makes a HUGE improvement. I did that one first on my car and later did the front (top) one. DIdn't notice much improvement when I added the front brace so you might want to go in steps. Get JC to bring you a bottom brace while he is there today and you can slap it on.

I see Patty slipping down the slope of MODS. :wink:

Back