• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drive without A/C compressor.

Is it safe to drive the NSX without the A/C compressor inside the car? I'm planning to send it for rebuilt sometimes this month. Its Nippon Denso right? Thanks.

I don't think it's a matter of safe to drive, if the compressor is off, your lines will be open. I would leave the A/C and temperature regulator off if you intend to drive. I didn't get it rebuild, I did an "échange standard". This means they send you an overhauled one and you send your core back. This means no downtime of the car, and no problems with A/C lines being open for a while. I know you will top your A/C lines, but can you be 100% sure they're sealed?

Thanks for the reply. I'll make sure the line is close. The rebuilt will only take one day. The compressor is Nippon Denso right? I'm just to lazy to check the repair manual. If it is then the mechanic could use the repair kits available here.
Bart Geerts said:
I don't think it's a matter of safe to drive, if the compressor is off, your lines will be open. I would leave the A/C and temperature regulator off if you intend to drive. I didn't get it rebuild, I did an "échange standard". This means they send you an overhauled one and you send your core back. This means no downtime of the car, and no problems with A/C lines being open for a while. I know you will top your A/C lines, but can you be 100% sure they're sealed?

Yes Nippondenso, sorry that I don't know the number anymore, could be
10pa15 or something. When I did the exchange of the compressor, I also got a new receiver-dryer. I was told when the lines open up you should always get this item new as well...

Back