• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driving Lights

I'm curious to know if anyone has installed driving lights on their NSX and if so, what brand, size, type, and if they're happy with them.

I'm on the verge of snagging some small round or oval Catz or PIAA for the front side vents but wanted to hear some input from others first, some install notes, experiences, etc.

I do a fair amount of night and early morning driving at speed here in Germany and want something that will illuminate the road as far ahead as I can get.

Before anyone asks, yes, I've seen the threads about HID headlight conversions. :D After the sub box and the NW leather buy, I can't afford it! :rolleyes:

Thanks!
Don

Hi Don, if you mean daylights please be aware that they are not allowed in Germany as night or early morning lights if you don't use your headlights at the same time. Those daytime driving lights should be available from Honda/Acura because they are stock for canadian and scandinavian markets.

As for aftermarket lights you may go with this one that doesn't consume much power and may fit for your car too.

P.S.: If you mean real driving lights please be aware that you can't mount them at the spaces where european NSXs have the foglights because that doesn't match the german height rules for driving lights - too low.

Wolfgang, no, I mean actual driving lights (not what we call daytime driving lights in North America) for driving at speed. Kind of auxillary high-beams.

May edit section P.S. above was crossposted - I have to add that there is a bunch of rules for driving lights here - I only mention the "Leuchtweitenregulierung" which is usualy not available for auxiliary lights.

For auxiliary high beams you may look here

For high beam only you need no "Leuchtweitenregulierung" and other legal stuff.

Last edited:
Back