• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driving my 2017 Acura NSX across country

Was going to drive my 2017 Acura NSX from Tampa, FL to Las Vegas, NV.. I have done road trips before on my gen 1 NSX but not the gen 2. Has anyone done a long trip like this? Any issues?? would you do it again? Car already has 52k on it so not worried about miles..
Thanks in advance
Stuart

@mcano did exactly this in his 2017, which he ultimately put 50k miles on before selling. IIRC, he drove it from NC to his home in California, then up to NSXPO in 2018, which was in NorCal.. He also tracked it! He reported not significant issues with the car. He sold it to another Primate, who drives it actively in Arizona.

@mcano did exactly this in his 2017, which he ultimately put 50k miles on before selling. IIRC, he drove it from NC to his home in California, then up to NSXPO in 2018, which was in NorCal.. He also tracked it! He reported not significant issues with the car. He sold it to another Primate, who drives it actively in Arizona.
Thanks !!!

Was going to drive my 2017 Acura NSX from Tampa, FL to Las Vegas, NV.. I have done road trips before on my gen 1 NSX but not the gen 2. Has anyone done a long trip like this? Any issues?? would you do it again? Car already has 52k on it so not worried about miles..
Thanks in advance
Stuart
I've driven mine all over Wyoming and South Dakota. No issues and had a great time.

The only item I'd say you need is a tire repair kit. Some options here and I like the screw kit and a compressor:

And with it's small-ish gas tank don't pass a gas station when out west if you're off on side adventures.

Last edited:
I drive my 2017 about 6 times a year from Tampa to Miami. Wouldn't think twice about it. On a side note I didn't realize there was a another Nouvelle blue in TPA.

MC

I drive my 2017 about 6 times a year from Tampa to Miami. Wouldn't think twice about it. On a side note I didn't realize there was a another Nouvelle blue in TPA.

MC
Haha... yes im over in pinellas county.. ive seen a blue nsx at crown i assume thats you?

I put 65K on my LC500 doing cross country roadtrips. You most definitely want to hit The Grand Canyon, and Sedona, AZ on your next one.

Back