• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driving the NSX: are you guys getting boxed in on freeways?

Ok, some of you guys are just a "little too touchy" (said in a little high pitch) *little too touchy*.....:smile: - I mean after all ?finger prints?....:eek: not so bad - but Shawn's deal with the little kid - whoaaaaa now - that's paramount to swapping insurane cards....:mad:!!!! I would have chewed that dude O - U - T! That is not right - and then you have to go home and wax till your fingers fall off. Geez. I was thinking what if that was a 250,000 dollar F car! Man you'd have called the police on em - right? I mean that is awful. Shawn I can't believe you let that NERD off so light! That's not like you....lol.

I used to have a car like that - a 12,500 mile original perfect Porsche 87 Turbo Look - PERFECT - and I could hardly drive it for fear of some knucklehead messing with it. I sold that car because of that - well - it wasn't fast enough either but I couldn't take it. With my NSX - and it is in really nice shape paint wise - I don't worry so much. I mean what the heck - am I a driver or a concourse enterer - I answered that question a long time ago. I'm a driver! I want my car to present well - but I don't wash and wax my fingers off - I keep it nice but it does get dusty a bit here and there and so what - I wash it and it looks great again - I'm not counting rock chips either. I just fill em and go on. Suprisingly few have I gotten since I've owned it - really.

These cars need to be out so we keep the flames of excitement real and maybe just maybe they'll come out with another world class NSX! That's what I want Honda to do - GET JIGGY WITH IT! I hope they read these threads - Honda that is. See ya'll :wink:

I drove my car today, its such a treat!!! I only drive it every other Friday since I am on a 9/80 work week. Yeah, I should drive it more but I am so anal about keeping it clean. Black cars tend do that to you. I always clean it before I put it away so that doesn't lend itself to daily driving. But, its a labor of love.

I was boxed in most of the way to work, but found my way through the pack on 2 occasions. I sure love dropping a gear and getting around slower traffic. :biggrin: I am always on the lookout for gravel trucks, Lifted 4WD vehicles etc. to minimize the rock chips. I wont folow them closely and when I can get around them, I make a move.

Fingerprints are annoying, my paint is so shiny that it practically invites people to touch it. I use Zaino and when you run your hand down the body it is intoxicating. So a bottle of Z-6 and a mf towel is always handy take care of those. Now my baby is covered up in the parking lot. I am sure there will be an inpromptu car show when I go to lunch. :smile:

Be Safe out there...

Interestingly, when I drive my car. Usually people lets me change lanes in front of them. That is a good thing in Los Angeles traffic.

whenever i drive my car to fill up i always get stares and gawking but i always seem to get the people that gimme the 'his parents bought him that' vibe. (they didn't) aside from the normal hondas revving, usually i get lots of respect from all the EVO and STI / higher profile sports cars (vettes, an old school mini) it's lots of fun. :biggrin:

Ok, some of you guys are just a "little too touchy" (said in a little high pitch) *little too touchy*.....:smile: - I mean after all ?finger prints?....:eek: not so bad - but Shawn's deal with the little kid - whoaaaaa now - that's paramount to swapping insurane cards....:mad:!!!! I would have chewed that dude O - U - T! That is not right - and then you have to go home and wax till your fingers fall off. Geez. I was thinking what if that was a 250,000 dollar F car! Man you'd have called the police on em - right? I mean that is awful. Shawn I can't believe you let that NERD off so light! That's not like you....lol.

You are soo correct Tim

With my other NSX, I was sooo paranoid about people touching my car but now my thoughts are is it just a car, it is made to be driven, has to be touch, has to be loved:biggrin:

Infact this past Wednesday, I went to a local school for career day and I took my NSX and motorcycle for the kids to enjoy. Needless to say my car was touched, licked and damn near molested. Nothing, a good waxing couldn't fix but can you really put a pricetag on a childs face when they get to see our cars up close.

010-2.jpg

Now back on to the topic, EVERY time I drive the NSX, I find someone pacing me right off my rear bumper...infact, I can look out my mirror and often see them taking pictures with their camera phones.

Now Alex damn sure has the spirit - go dude! I'm with you on that! I bet those kids were so fired up they couldn't sit down! Good for you Bud. We all still on for Caffiene and Octane in April! I'm there if the weather is good. It'll be fun - I'll bring an MF cloth for finger prints .....better get some of that quick shine from Griot's to go with it.

Big D - I understand the black thing - really do but man you gotta drive that car more......geez ...one day you are gonna say - I should have driven that car more! That's right - one day...:wink:

Big D - I understand the black thing - really do but man you gotta drive that car more......geez ...one day you are gonna say - I should have driven that car more! That's right - one day...:wink:

Yeah you're right. I am driving it tomorrow also...cars and coffee meet. I try to catch a local NSX event as many times as I can. Twice a week is tops though usually. I have a 45 mile commute each way and I don't want to rack up the miles.

Can't wait for NSXPO...we will have to find each other and chat. That goes for everyone on this board.

Getting boxed in is almost unavoidable on Southern California freeways even without the NSX. It's getting almost impossible to find someplace where there isn't 80 billion people around you. My issue is when people drive too close or drive like idiots once they see my car.

Your perspective with the car is really welcoming, and I gotta try to lax up a bit more. You guys are right. A car is meant to be driven and loved, not sit in a garage lookin' pretty. But its just so damn pretty! Alas, I digress. ARFNSX, that picture of the children with your car just speaks volumes. I went to a recent family reunion/baby shower thing, and my little cousins jumped in my car and just had grins ear to ear. Its priceless seeing kids happy, and sharing this car with everyone I do so very proudly.

Its the UN-administered inspections that I will need to get past now.

on freeways, there are often young imbeciles who stick my rear bumper to push has to go more quickly and to make the race… I let make and they exceed apart from legal speed, I let these poor guy pay the fines of police force!!! here, there are many radars:biggrin:
it often happens that cars run on the tape of left, beside the NSX or to take pics behind, many people raise the inch … it's the best! :smile:

Last edited:
Its actually one of the reasons why I sold my Imola NSX. In Dubai the driving standard isn't as good as North America so there were many close calls and as we all know if your NSX is pranged its basically a write-off.

I'll grab another NSX in the future (when I return to Canada).:smile:

Your perspective with the car is really welcoming, and I gotta try to lax up a bit more. You guys are right. A car is meant to be driven and loved, not sit in a garage lookin' pretty. But its just so damn pretty! Alas, I digress. ARFNSX, that picture of the children with your car just speaks volumes. I went to a recent family reunion/baby shower thing, and my little cousins jumped in my car and just had grins ear to ear. Its priceless seeing kids happy, and sharing this car with everyone I do so very proudly.

Its the UN-administered inspections that I will need to get past now.

My daughter is 2 and LOVE's the nsx, she gives it hugs, kisses, and whenever we go to the kitchen (right next to garage) she starts saying, ''daddy, nsx, nsx, nsx" until we go say hi, then she has to sit inside and play around for at least 10 mins. Future NSX owner in the making :biggrin:

On my way home from Florida after buying the NSX I noticed going the speed limit is almost impossible. So many people "box you in" the only option is to go faster.

When I stopped for gas a bunch of people got off the expressway and came to look at the car up close. Its true, they have never seen an NSX before.. especially in the rural and mountainous areas.

All were very nice people but when youre sitting so low and cars box you in it gets a little clusterphobic

J

My daughter is 2 and LOVE's the nsx, she gives it hugs, kisses, and whenever we go to the kitchen (right next to garage) she starts saying, ''daddy, nsx, nsx, nsx" until we go say hi, then she has to sit inside and play around for at least 10 mins. Future NSX owner in the making :biggrin:

is your car Automatic? must be nice to see baby boomers can handle Manual speed Tran. Specially on the uphill stuck in traffic:)

Where I live, the NSX is very rare - maybe 10 in the city of a population of 1 milliion. There are more Ferraris than NSXs. When I drive, it's like flies on crap. I get swarmed by civics, subarus, integras, camaros, mustangs, and even grannies in buicks!! They'll usually tailgate me, come up beside me , get in front of me and, of course, try to race me. I can understand why. The NSX is so rare, so exotic and so beautiful, that when you see one on the road, the first thought that comes to mind is "What the f___k is that?". It's refreshing to see an NSX admist the G35 coupes, 911s, corvettes and 350Zs. I have to admit, when I see another NSX on the road, it's sheer beauty. But all this attention does make me nervous. Enough sometimes that I don't want to take the care out.

Funny thing is I'd be more worried about parking a NSX out of sight, than a R8 (which is more or less like a grown TT. I swear I don't know if I'm seeing a TT or R8 until it's 15 yards away).

funny story driving to work Sat...come up on a new gt3 P-car guy revs gives the thumby I respond back..now as this is going on a younger driver in a beat to hell 944 literaly flooring it to catch up to us nearly rearends me and procedes to follow me off the interstate not caring at all about the gt3....lol.

heres a true story

i went to a local car meet this past weekend and i was parked next to a e46 m3, which next to was a white murcielago

i can say that my car received more attention than the murcielago... as weird as it is, it happened... my car is far from stock but still hahah

Last edited:
I find the guys with blue lights on top usually have the same destination as I do; Especially with the taitec exhaust - not as much with the stock muffler;

I think they coordinate the anti-destination league, because they can box in 3 lanes all by themselves!

I look at it this way. Those cars with the lights on top are PACE cars to keep the remaining behind in check. When the Pace car exits off the track I am sure many speed up to a never ending Nascar race in many directions other than a oval shape.

I don't look at them tail gating but them trying to draft me. =)
Just adjust your acceleration +/- and all works out.

When on the straight aways (Highways and Interstates) there are a lot of pitstops. Gas stations are where your pit crews are at. Instead they don't do the fueling etc unless your in certain States which racing regulations are provided to you IE: Oregon etc. Your pit crew come by and check your engine, get vital information, put their finger prints on your windows for validity, take pictures whatever.

Sometimes rules come in affect and when you exit the pitstop and the pace car radios in to there other pace cars you get a time out and some pink thin papers with crappy writting and incorrect information. I recieved one awhile ago for exiting the pit to fast. You can appeal this and tell the Board your issues but in most cases you lose.

=)

Gettng boxed on the freeway is not my problem. But on the Stop Light everyone wants to race for some reason lol... I cant do all that on a stop light. especially pick up trucks/
( weird).... sometimes its fun but then it gets tiring and waste of gas hehe.

A couple days after reading this post, I saw an NSX on the freeway, while driving my beater. I slowed down to check it out. Then I realized I had boxed him in: guilty.

A couple days after reading this post, I saw an NSX on the freeway, while driving my beater. I slowed down to check it out. Then I realized I had boxed him in: guilty.

Ha, I did the same........... last week in my beat up accord. I was "that guy" :biggrin:

Ha, I did the same........... last week in my beat up accord. I was "that guy" :biggrin:

You guys need to keep a note pad and paper handy......true story..some years back i was toodling home on rt 80 and this guy in a 4 door accord is hunting me down..hovering around me, I ignored him...I glance over and he is holding up a sign through his window that said " I own nsx":eek:

Back