• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dual Exhuast Tip Recommendation?

checked the faqs, but still confused about which dual exhaust tips to install on my '96 nsx-t. don't want to spend the money on a full blown exhaust replacement right now, just hate the thin little stock exhaust tips and need something more substantial looking.

any suggestions?

TIA,

------------------
- Joel Smernoff
'96 NSX-T
'96 Z3
'88 M3 track toy
'91 Legend winter trasher

You can go down to your local muffler shop, pick out a pair you like, and have them weld them on. Tips (esp with out changing exhaust) is mostly an personal appearance decision.

I personally like the dual DTM style, which I had installed on my custom exhaust.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

While we are on this subject, a few months ago I posted if anyone new who they would recommend for customized SS dual resonated tips.

So far, I have found the Tubi designed resonated and rolled tips to be the most esthetic (IMHO) but would like to see the tips at least 7" ........ the side view is as important to me as the rear view and that extra 1-2" will make the difference .......

None of the aftermarket manufacturers seem to be concerned with this side view. Even Comptech has gone to a shorter angled cut tip, and the PICS from ANYTIME's beta sample show how far it can be extended back to make it really look nice ........

Originally posted by NormRD:
I personally like the dual DTM style, which I had installed on my custom exhaust.

Silly question, what does "DTM" stand for?

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Originally posted by Russ:

Silly question, what does "DTM" stand for?

German Touring Masters = (in German) --> Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters = DTM

I think...

-Andie

[This message has been edited by HomeDepotNSX (edited 05 March 2002).]

Andie is correct. DTM is a racing series in Germany.

And I thought DTM - dual tip muffler.
redface.gif

Back