• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why Such Sudden Oversteer....?

"Very cushy side bolsters"!
biggrin.gif
Your body had to move somewhere unless you were so smooth in your transition that all the objects maintained their exact same position in relation to each other. BTW, and active seat would be a g-suit, would it not, and that means inflation to prevent blood pooling, not pressure felt by that side of the body. Innocent ramblings by the physiologist, not the physicist in the group.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

With exception of Star Trek inertial dampers, it is impossible for you to go around a corner and have no force act upon your body. Why it felt this way to you is beyond me, I obvioulsy don't know what you were smoking that day. But try this, put a tennis ball on the dash or a cup of coffee and go do some tight figure 8's at 60mph. If the tennis ball stays put (and you didn't wedge it or glue it and the coffee doesn't spill, I will say that is one helluva car or the radius of your turns is so gradual that of course you didn't feel a thing.

Oops, my circuit is done simulating, gotta go work.

Fritz

Maybe he's massless. Anorexia will do that...
wink.gif
BTW, nsx4fun, you running VCS on a server farm? Well, why not then?!! Could use the stock bump!

[This message has been edited by Number9 (edited 05 April 2002).]

Sorry Number 9, the company I work for is not in the market to boost your stock worth. We are struggling as well with the downturn in the Wireless Infrastructure business, but hopefully well positioned to take advantage when the market returns. Now if you and your friends start demanding more bandwidth with your cell phones, then our customers will have to buy more high power microwave amplifers for 3G and my stock will increase. Then my company (I don't own it, I'm just a Senior RF Engr) will grow and will need to upgrade our servers and then your business can grow. Sounds like a great plan, huh!!
wink.gif

Fritz

Originally posted by nsx4fun:
With exception of Star Trek inertial dampers, it is impossible for you to go around a corner and have no force act upon your body. Why it felt this way to you is beyond me, I obvioulsy don't know what you were smoking that day. But try this, put a tennis ball on the dash or a cup of coffee and go do some tight figure 8's at 60mph. If the tennis ball stays put (and you didn't wedge it or glue it and the coffee doesn't spill, I will say that is one helluva car or the radius of your turns is so gradual that of course you didn't feel a thing.

Oops, my circuit is done simulating, gotta go work.

Fritz
The dealer had Four golf bags in the trunk of the car to prove that the trunk would hold as many. I did take a ball out of one of the bags and placed it on the back seat. The ball did roll from side to side but not as much as I thought it should have. BTW I weigh 154 LBS and I am 5'11''. This could be a factor as well. The seat in the car is also very plush and snug fitting. The turns I made in the parking lot were not hard tight turns but were gradually increased in tightness and speed. This to could be a contributing factor. However the quick jolts I did on the freeway were just that quick jolts.

Now thats alot of posts for this topic. I honestly havent read them all, though I intend to (given there is some useful information). The thing I have learned with the NSX is:

1. Have the best tires you can afford.
2. Do not drive her in the rain if you can.
3. Take a special driving course for the NSX.

I still have to do no. 3. Hopefully I can get into the Chin motorsports school by the end of the year. Its alway nice to be able to push the NSX in a controlled environment.

Now thats alot of posts for this topic. I honestly havent read them all, though I intend to (given there is some useful information). The thing I have learned with the NSX is:

1. Have the best tires you can afford.
2. Do not drive her in the rain if you can.
3. Take a special driving course for the NSX.

I still have to do no. 3. Hopefully I can get into the Chin motorsports school by the end of the year. Its alway nice to be able to push the NSX in a controlled environment.

------------------
'91 blk/blk NSX
'96 Green Integra GSR
'02 CBR F4i Yellow/Black
Honda rules

Back