• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

E-55 AMG Vs. NSX CTSC

Koolaid, that's my cousin, and that is his "mom's" supercharged E55. He is a genius salesperson, because he convinced his mom who probably has never broken 40 MPH to sell her E320 and get this SC E55 AMG instead. :confused: Now she just keeps asking why the exhaust is so loud... LOL...

He himself has I think a 2002 NA E55 (originaly dad's). We were supposed to race NA versus NA but never got the chance and once I had the SC he was too scared. :biggrin: So that is why he brought the big gun to the track this time.

He probably is figuring that somehow the new E55 will need to be traded in one day and lo and behold, being the good son that he is, he can say "why don't I just keep this one so we don't lose too much money on it" or something like that. I'm telling you he is a genius. How else do you get cars like this on a college student budget. Now he can say whatever he wants, but he is not pulling from my car even with one driver versus one driver. A CTSC NSX is at least as fast in a straight line as an FI E55.

As for being slow at the Glen, I was fine until I listened to the "pointers" Bob was giving me then I ran my slowest lap of the weekend. Thanks Bob.

Last edited:
I read the handle and it says it's your mom has an E. Still doesn't explain who YOU are and you didn't explain who you are either. Listen, all you did was narrate what happened and did not identify yourself what so ever, then seemed to get upset that most all of us here are biased for the nsx. Afterall, in the pictures there were 2 benz, and atleast 5 witnesses total and you're at NSXprime.

What year and model benzs were the supercharged 5.5 amg motor first offered in? There are too many different classes of MBZ to keep track of.

W210 E 50/E 60 AMG 1996-1997
W210 E 55 AMG 1999-2002 349 hp 391 torque
W211 E 55 AMG 2003-2006 469 hp 516 torque
(supercharger one, the are rest NA)
W211 E 63 AMG 2007-? 507 hp 465 torque

The Black E-class is an E63 AMG & The White E-class is the E55 AMG, my Mom's Car hence the handle name. Dave found a random white E55 amg pic to place at the top to be as close as posible. Thats why Kevin placed the pic of the Sliver NSX and White E-Class with their hoods up.

I drove the E55 and I'm David's cuzin, hahah he may not want to admit it but I like to joke around with him lol. If you guys really know dave's car you have probably seen my work before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15L5aIWdCww

Koolaid, that's my cousin, and that is his "mom's" supercharged E55. He is a genius salesperson, because he convinced his mom who probably has never broken 40 MPH to sell her E320 and get this SC E55 AMG instead. :confused: Now she just keeps asking why the exhaust is so loud... LOL...

He himself has I think a 2002 NA E55 (originaly dad's). We were supposed to race NA versus NA but never got the chance and once I had the SC he was too scared. :biggrin: So that is why he brought the big gun to the track this time.

He probably is figuring that somehow the new E55 will need to be traded in one day and lo and behold, being the good son that he is, he can say "why don't I just keep this one so we don't lose too much money on it" or something like that. I'm telling you he is a genius. How else do you get cars like this when you are a college student.

Now he can say whatever he wants, but he is not pulling from my car even with one driver versus one driver. A CTSC NSX is at least as fast in a straight line as an FI E55.

As for being slow at the Glen, I was find until I listened to the "pointers" Bob was giving me then I ran my slowest lap of the weekend. Thanks Bob.

Lets fix some things here my friend he has all his facts wrong...

Not an E320, its still an E500. My mom got stamped with her new car.

Not an NA E55 2002, its a 2002 CLK 55 AMG
At first it was mine but then I got stamped my dad wanted a safe car for me a junk X5 but I got it back, thank god.

For the record Dave was to much of a wussie to race when his was NA, I even followed him to get his car superchargered he wouldn't race me when we had a our last chance. I still love him tho.

No need to supercharge mine to beat Dave. I have watched him drive. In fact, the photo he used in his first post was taken by me. Actually, he was so slow at the Glen the original portrait was a painting. We timed him with a calendar at that event.

hahahahaha Bob your the man I think we meet at the NSX meet last year in up north in MA. Dave you just don't do well at the track Bob and I have both seen it. As far as Bob giving you advice at the track you just performed wrong or didn't listen right.:tongue:

CLK 55 AMG Vs. NSX

Anyway.......

If there is any stock NSXs that want to try my CLK 55 AMG which is NA in a friendly drag race lets do it.

hey OP,

I used to be a die-hard drag racing guy (had 3 DSM's - Eclipse for those who do not know the lingo)....

We traveled roughly 300 miles each year to Buscher Racing's sponsored DSM shoot out in Ohio. Some of the fastest Eclipe's ran at that track.

Anyways a drag race for a FWD or RWD car is most evident in how well it's "hooking" up if you look at the 0-60ft slip times.

If you are a newbie driver, you are guaranteed to hit a 2.0 sec or higher slip time. Actually a 2.5 sec - 3 sec is not uncommon for begineers.....

Don't feel bad as majority of people who have never raced simply don't understand how to drive a stick shift on a race track let alone a drag strip. (took me years to learn how to launch correctly)

AWD's cars are a diferent story but if you can get your NSX 0-60 slip times to be around 1.8 then you are doing good.

As for the race against a e55 - I think even if you do beat him, it's a rarity at best as 9/10 races he will beat you pretty easy.

The e55 is the worst car for the NSX to race since it's a high torque at low rpm car. By the time the NSX gains any advantage, the 1/4 mile race is over.

rk

This will be a close one.

E55 wagon is 200lbs heavier than the sedan version and has a 2/10's second better ET time.

Why?

The extra weight in the rear is idle to take advantage of the massive TQ that it makes.

Also the E55 is more aerodynamic with a .28Cd vs. the NSX .32 (same as a first gen Toyota Sienna).

Also with the launch control and automatic I would give the race to the E55....

hey OP,

I used to be a die-hard drag racing guy (had 3 DSM's - Eclipse for those who do not know the lingo)....

We traveled roughly 300 miles each year to Buscher Racing's sponsored DSM shoot out in Ohio. Some of the fastest Eclipe's ran at that track.

Anyways a drag race for a FWD or RWD car is most evident in how well it's "hooking" up if you look at the 0-60ft slip times.

If you are a newbie driver, you are guaranteed to hit a 2.0 sec or higher slip time. Actually a 2.5 sec - 3 sec is not uncommon for begineers.....

Don't feel bad as majority of people who have never raced simply don't understand how to drive a stick shift on a race track let alone a drag strip. (took me years to learn how to launch correctly)

AWD's cars are a diferent story but if you can get your NSX 0-60 slip times to be around 1.8 then you are doing good.

As for the race against a e55 - I think even if you do beat him, it's a rarity at best as 9/10 races he will beat you pretty easy.

The e55 is the worst car for the NSX to race since it's a high torque at low rpm car. By the time the NSX gains any advantage, the 1/4 mile race is over.

rk

s4play = smartest nsx owner

I thank you for respecting the drag track. I mean race course track is hard too but a different game.

he is right but the nsx ctsc will not catch the e55 even if we go more than 1/4 of a mile.

:confused:
BTW, I've raped every AMG model and M series model with my 515rwhp GTO.

I think I can take CTSC NSX by a buslength...... :biggrin:

I'm not sure about beating all amg's and m's, then again your car isn't stock, if I do pulley swap and tune to the 55 it will blow the doors off your gto. i'm sure cl or sl 65 amg will beat your gto, but my friend has a that same gto with twin turbos on the stock motor running a 10.6. what times have you ran with your gto?

Last edited:
:confused:

I'm not sure about beating all amg's and m's, then again your car isn't stock, if I do pulley swap and tune to the 55 it will blow the doors off your gto. i'm sure cl or sl 65 amg will beat your gto, but my friend has a that same gto with twin turbos on the stock motor running a 10.6. what times have you ran with your gto?

The previous owner was running in the low 10.9 to 11.2 with a trap between 121 and 123mph.

Since he was nice enough to speed shift (shifting without using the clutch) my warranty has replaced the T-56 tranny, driveshaft, differential and a few hardware/bolts here and there to bring the car back to it's original condition.

It cost the warranty company $12k+ for the repairs.

When I race, I do everything from a rolling start and without speed shifting.

Sorry, but show me a stock M series that can touch 515rwhp with 485rwtq at 95F (in other words, I make more RWHP when my intake temps are lowering while I'm driving) with street tires?

The AMGs already beat the M series, thanks to the massive TQ.

My car weighs in at 3700lbs~

BTW, my blower is CARB approved.

Add edlebrock heads with lingerfelter cams and that's another 100hp.... that's legal for CARB.

Oh, of course I can swap out the pullies too.

The only car that was close was this titanium CL65 on highway 10 in SO cal on the way back.

Don't get me wrong.

I love AMGs, but for the $$$, and smoggable power show me something that excels a LS2.

http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/et_calculator.html

Last edited:
the previous owner was running in the low 10.9 to 11.2 with a trap between 121 and 123mph.

Since he was nice enough to speed shift (shifting without using the clutch) my warranty has replaced the t-56 tranny, driveshaft, differential and a few hardware/bolts here and there to bring the car back to it's original condition.

It cost the warranty company $12k+ for the repairs.

When i race, i do everything from a rolling start and without speed shifting.

Sorry, but show me a stock m series that can touch 515rwhp with 485rwtq at 95f (in other words, i make more rwhp when my intake temps are lowering while i'm driving) with street tires?

The amgs already beat the m series, thanks to the massive tq.

My car weighs in at 3700lbs~

btw, my blower is carb approved.

Add edlebrock heads with lingerfelter cams and that's another 100hp.... That's legal for carb.

Oh, of course i can swap out the pullies too.

The only car that was close was this titanium cl65 on highway 10 in so cal on the way back.

Don't get me wrong.

I love amgs, but for the $$$, and smoggable power show me something that excels a ls2.

http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/et_calculator.html

gto = no class

Is that the best that someone borrowing mom's Benz can do?

Whats wrong with borrowing her car? I'm sorry to say GTO is junk, It came back and now its gone they couldn't sell the car even. The nsx did better on the market at its price tag of 90k for a honda.

But I do respect the gtos power just like I respect the NSX for being a nice mid rear engine.

It's ok Bat, he probably still lives at home. :wink:

Whats wrong with living at home? Free food and board....live in the best private town in mass with the Best Home Entertainment Theater made by Turbo2GO.

Whats wrong with living at home? Free food and board....live in the best private town in mass with the Best Home Entertainment Theater made by Turbo2GO.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with living with your parents...but one who lives at home should not talk about what cars define class until one goes out and discovers class ones self. :smile:

I love AMG's myself...don't think I'd ever race one mostly because I don't frequent drag strips....gotta respect German muscle tho. (resale value is the pits however and I've heard most of the AMG line has it's fair share of mechanical issues)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with living with your parents...but one who lives at home should not talk about what cars define class until one goes out and discovers class ones self....... (resale value is the pits however and I've heard most of the AMG line has it's fair share of mechanical issues)

AMEN

If he is asked what car he can procure with cash of his own while living abroad ...... I'd say it's a '91 Civic Si.....

Can someone with more experience tell me the best way to run away from your own thread? I feel deterioration coming...

Rick, I can't believe you think the E55 will beat the NSX 9/10 times. I will prove you wrong in this one. I have been to a dragstrip maybe 200 times. Just first time with the NSX. I don't know how I got talked into this girly sport again anyway. I have to thank Trackmasters for their 1 event a year.

I drove the E55 last night I am pretty sure there was some sort of Mashed Potatoes and gravy operating the steering system.

1676927637_05235acbd9.jpg

If you guys want to continue the talk about GTO's and living at home, maybe you can start yourselves a nice new clean thread. In the meantime I am going to get some tires.

You guys really don't lol.....

haven't read these posts before.....

Listen I'm clearing good money for past 3 years and I live on my own, the handle name is a joke, true it is my moms car. I could have lied about it and dave would have gone along with it. I nothing have to prove to guys other than the fact E 55 will smoke NSX CTSC down a drag track.

Back